ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speeding :-(

Skoda Fabia vRS

got caught today doing 42 in a 30........though i honestly thought the road in question was a 40, one way, 2 lanes

the copper hardly said a word to me, told me what speed i was goin, shown me the distance they got me from, and passed me over to this traffic cop guy, who also hardly said anythin to me, filled in a form, an there i was

£60 !......and late for work too :(

will i get 3 points for this as it doesnt say on the form ive got, also, ive only had my licence 18 months.....so how many points am i allowed ?

ive got to produce my documents within 7 days, can i ask to see the calibration certificate then, or is it too late for that now ?

ur allowed to get 5 points anymore and u need to retake ur test (Like me) u will more than likley get 3 points but u only need to take it slow for 6 months until ur allowed to get 12 points

Hippys bus of LOVE !!!

Youll get 3 points, unless told other wise, sometimes your allowed a driving a speed talk. Your allowed 12 points before a ban. Sometimes you have to retake your test. They are such a bummer :(

I just got my 2nd NIP in a week, and both of them I was 10mph over the speed limit, and I think up to 15mph over the limit is defo 3 points Im afraid:(

clio 20v

bad luck mate, your insurance shouldnt get loaded too much as its your first offence usually the second gets you paying a lot more money

doesnt seem like the nw members of cliosport are havin much luck around this time, kels brakes seized uve got done 4 speeding, some1 dented mehdis car and i wrapped mine up

whos next?

adi

Revels Mum & Sister

Mate got done. Had three points then caught doing 111 in a 70. 6 more points and had to retake his test. Insurance for him is quite high

I havent any points been driving 2 and a half years. No accidents. Just think I have been lucky on the points though! Wrong place at the wrong time I think!

Skoda Fabia vRS

yea, apparently they use this road a lot as a speed trap with the laser gun

ive been goin to work up it though for almost 3 years and never seen them once, apart from when they got me

its my birthday aswell today !

time to upgrade my S6-GPS, gonna buy the radar/laser module now.......and im seriously considering a jammer too...

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

jammer isnt always a good move. If they detect you jamming their signal they can do you for peverting the court of justice.

clio williams, Ph1 172

i was told by a copper u dont have to tell ur insurance unless u go to court and are convicted. I have 6 points and 3 are valid now as its been a few years since i got caught the first time. U will get 3 points im afraid.

Skoda Fabia vRS

arse....maybe not

"A revised version of TRSGD came into effect on 31st January 2003 and this anomaly has been removed. Repeater signs are now banned on all roads with a 30mph speed limit and street lights, whether the road is a restricted road or not. This change cannot be made retrospective, so any speeding convictions obtained prior to 31st January 2003 will still be unlawful."