ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spi Vision on a Clio 172 Cup

Civic Type R FN2
Hi guys,

There's been a little bit of talk about an alternative to tinting lights - Spi vision (or Flyeye). I'm sure everyone's got their different opinions on the stuff, but I recently went to the trouble of testing out a parallel material, not actual spi vision. Works the exact same way, small tessellating 1mm holes in a black material - theoretically letting light out but still making the light look black. Just to reiterate, this isn't the real stuff, so this is no reflection on the real product but this is more a visual representation of what it would look like if you ever decided to get it done.

Here's a few pics on my Iceberg 172 Cup:

Clio_Spivision_4copy.jpg

Clio_Spivision_3copy.jpg

Clio_Spivision_2copy.jpg

Clio_Spivision_1copy.jpg

What do I think?
Not for me! I've never really been a massive fan of smoked lights, I quite like the standard black masks from the factory! Some people may like it but I'm afraid it isn't for me. I look it all off my car before driving home

How to fit?
If you do choose to get them done, you will probably need a professional fitter to apply for the best finish. You can crease the material quite easily, and if you pull too hard you can stretch out the holes and doesn't look great.

Pricing?
I believe you can get them done by a tinting firm for around £25 a light.

Removal
Once you get bored of them and decide they have to go they'll probably leave a nice little bit of glue behind, so just buff it off with an alcohol solution which is safe to use on plastic. Easy as.

So that's about it, little bit of info for anyone who may be interested. I am expecting a backlash of people who hate it! At least now you can see what it looks like on a Mk2 and make an informed choice before you buy

Civic Type R FN2
I understand, I don't get on with it either, there there could just be someone who's been thinking about it.

It's one of them funny ones, obviously all the firms who fit it are adamant it's a pass. Yet I bet 9 out of 10 MOT testers would laugh at it and strip it off!

Ph 1 172
Had this done on my old 1.2 clio... I liked it at the time (flame suit on) and on a black car it would look ok if it had other taste more subtle mods I think anyways

Civic Type R FN2
Pretty much tights on your lights, yeah!

I have seen spi vision used on a black Fabia VRS front end and a black Transporter front end (google images). It looked real good. I just wonder about practicality...

A proper tint film on the right car can look good.

This shite is just pikey and cheap looking.