ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Split & Polish... Mad'in Refurb

Thanks for the kind words folks

Like a fool... I never painted the inner spokes and centres... So I have had to mask up the polishing. Im just waiting for a dry day to paint them

IMG_0514.jpg

IMG_0522.jpg

The question is which colour?

IMG_0521.jpg

Ive also been polishing the bolts.. Im glad there was only 48 lol

IMG_0508.jpg

IMG_0510.jpg

I bought some 175/50 dunlop SP tyres last week and they are sat waiting in my shed... So not long now folks

Cheers for reading :)

Its a labour of love... Im going as fast as i can lol

40 hours on the dishes
20 hours on the centres
4 hours on the bolts
1 hour masking

Still to do

few hours painting
few hours final polishing

Ive still not even trail fitted them to the roco.. I hope they clear my brakes lol

Whisker biscuit

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Flamer
Its a labour of love... Im going as fast as i can lol

40 hours on the dishes
20 hours on the centres
4 hours on the bolts
1 hour masking

Still to do

few hours painting
few hours final polishing

Ive still not even trail fitted them to the roco.. I hope they clear my brakes lol

Fcuk me man go for it lol, I spent 2 hrs sanding down and painting my door handles and it pissed me right off

Well they are nearly done at long last.. I can deffo see the light at the end of the tunnel... me spending 2 weeks in hospital has held them up but everything should be done in time for edition38.. So its allllllll gooood!!!!

Painted

IMG_0524.jpg

Light metal polish and sealent

IMG_0526.jpg

Results from using above

IMG_0531.jpg

I built them up last night... off to the tyre fitters tomorrow :D

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Oh my...

They look incredible mate! Muchos Kudos for all the time and effort you've put in :)

They going on the 'rocco?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
winston, that polish and sealer.... you recommend it?? im just in the process of finishing my rims and want a good polish and sealant for them... how much and where from??

Cheers guys... they will be going on my Mk1 roco for edition38 as long as it gets through it MOT retest and... down to the show lol

MaLicE.. You can get them here http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/acatalog/Metal_Polish_Sealant.html

I read a few threads on the net about polishing and they raved about Britemax products..(google Britemax Final Shine) So i thought i would give them a try, Im pretty happy with the results, you don't really see the instant effects like you do with one coat of autosol etc you have to build up the layers, Ive given each wheel 3 coats of each.. its very watery and goes on and comes off easy enough... Im still yet to apply any wax to give them some extra protection but im to tight to buy a decent wax lol

My mate had some of these wheels on his mk2 polo, he wouldnt let me buy them and sold the car without letting me know :(

Was it red and featured in PVW?... if so i think thats the car that planted the seed to hunt these wheels down many years ago.. Could you ask him which issue it was in pls?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
will have a look at getting some :) see i dont think autosol really gives much effect? dunno what wax to use either lol!

Hes had a few but he might have kept the wheels with the same sentiment as you. Ill give him a call and see what he says.

Monaro VXR
This might be a daft question but...

Why did you blast and sand the anodized finish down?

Usually all you need is some acidic oven cleaner, leave it for 30 - 45 minutes and you will see the anodized finish basically falling off. Or take it to a local anodizer ask them to drop it in the bath and strip it off. Takes even less time then usually, and they leave the metal under it in a better condition. So less refining to do.

Would save you a lot of time, and probably pain with the sanding and buggering about.

My bad Wozzaa.. it was more of a thick enamel like coating.. nothing like anodizing if im honest :eek:.. the blaster told me what it is called but ive totally forgot, its used alot in motorsport iirc.. I wish i had taken a picture of how thick it was.

Cheers Gaz... reminds me i need to buy a few sets of locking wheel nuts

I got the caddy back the same night... its just chilling in my back garden after being abused by scrotes who wreaked it.. I refuse to throw any more money at for the time being

pre polish you have been welcome to try them on..... now there polished.. suck my balls lol