ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spoiler options for Clio 197

Mini Cooper
I am on the verge of buying a Clio 197 but it has that ghastly big cup spoiler on the back which is a bit to "halfrauds" for my liking

I like the look of the subtle ones like

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2719&appid=3

I keep reading that removing the cup spoiler leaves holes in the top of the tailgate? Is this correct and does anyone have any pics?

If it does, is it an easy job to fix or would the above spoiler cover up the holes?

Thanks in advance :cool:

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
IMO the ktec one looks grim
vomit-smiley-9529.gif

Again IMO, the GT spoiler from Renault looks far more subtle :D

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Removing it will leave holes in the tailgate, but not an issue if you're getting the sprint spoiler.
What colour is the 197 you're looking at?

Mini Cooper
It is a white car

I really like the KTec spoiler but want to make sure it will cover the holes left by the Cup Spoiler

Or if I decided not to bother with a spoiler, how easy it would be to get rid of the holes

Thanks

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
K-TEC one is much much better than the gt one, makes the 197/200 look like something from halfrauds

Black 'Cup Packed' 197
Get the K-tec one they look the muts', I'll get one myself one day when I can be arsed to get it painted and fitted lol!

Edit: KMB that looks amazing mate, really made me want one now, I think yours is the first one iv seen on a black car

Last edited:

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
Thanks Robo :)

It's a doddle to fit, bonded on with no drilling, it comes with a tube of good quality bond adhesive too (even though I went out and bought Tiger Seal before delivery).

Just clean up tailgate, apply bond to spoiler underside (about 1cm away from edge) and line up before making final contact, hold in place with masking tape overnight in the garage - Job done!