ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sport front grill part no. & a couple questions

Black Pearl Dynamique
I'm going to pop into my local Renault dealer tomorrow and order a sport grill for my 1.2. Does anybody have the part number handy? I just want to make sure I get the right part :boring:

Also thinking about getting my bumpers and side strips colour coded. How much would Renault charge for that?

And.... has anybody got any pictures of BLACK dynamiques with the sport grill on? I'd like to make sure it'll look good before I buy it.

Thanks in advance

Mark

02 Clio Extreme
any chance you could tell me price when u find out cos i could be interested in doing this also.

ive had a quote from a local garage (not renault) for fully colour coding all the plastic on the car - $180-$200

p.s if ur wondering why im using dollar symbols its simply because my pound sign doesnt work lol

Black Pearl Dynamique
Cheers edde. I went to Renault today but got there too late, I didn't realise their parts section closes at 1 so i'm going to have to wait until Monday to get my grill :(

So instead I took my car to the jet wash and gave her a proper clean :D

I'll ask Renault about the colour coding on Monday, I can't see it being cheaper than those prices you stated already though Jess...

A Euro'd one...
Dont take your car to Renault to get it colour coded, they will shaft you with the price.

Best thing to do is go to respected local bodyshops and get a quote. Try at least about 4-5 different places.

should be 200 odd up north for colour coding. more further south. make sure they colour match your car as well, some people have come back with a s**t colour and not had a leg to stand on. bloody wheeler dealer stealers!

jamie

Black Pearl Dynamique
I'm noth-east london/essex area... Looks like it's going to cost me a bomb to get it done. My car's looking good at the moment, she's all waxed up and everything, but the black bumpers and side strips look absolutely crap against the black metalic paint. It's a necessity to have it done in my eyes.

Black Pearl Dynamique
Yah... the grill is just the plastic bit that fills the space between the bumper and the bonnet. Either side of the badge.

Black Pearl Dynamique
I'm going to sound like an absolute dumbass right now... but can any one tell me how to fit my new RS grill?

I'm having trouble getting the old grill off, I can't see where or how to unclip it. I've taking the two bolt like things out so the top part is free... but as for the rest of it i'm lost. I can't see how i'm going to get to the right hand side either as it's behind the radiator. Any help would be MUCH appreciated. Looking to get it fitted before everybody gets home today.

Black Pearl Dynamique
Managed to get it done, it looks better than I expected:

cliofrontgrillwu8.jpg

any chance you could tell me price when u find out cos i could be interested in doing this also.

ive had a quote from a local garage (not renault) for fully colour coding all the plastic on the car - $180-$200

p.s if ur wondering why im using dollar symbols its simply because my pound sign doesnt work lol

<---------------------------- WOW were did you come from? hubba hubba lol

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
Just ordered my grill today, should be here wednesday ready to fit :p

Looks good Sparki, any pics of the whole front of the car with it on?

Regards

Black Pearl Dynamique
I'll take some when it's light tomorrow. The sun was behind the car when I was taking the photos, so I couldn't get any decent pics. :)

Mercedes C Class Sport
The grille was how much from renault?!
I went with a mate last year and they quoted something ridiculous like £120