ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sports cat, 182

A few questions.

Can you get away with a 100cell cat and still pass the MOT?

Who makes them for a 182?

What does the 182 cat have as standard in terms of cells per sq/in (I think these are the correct units?)

I dont want a decat either, as im sure that answer will come up.

Will a sports cat make a big difference over standard on a tuned engine (with say 195bhp)

Thanks

Polo + Micra
i've got a 100 cell sports cat on my 1.6 and it just passed the mot and the light is on for emissions warning

but you would probably need a 200 for a 182

mine was fitted by charlie @ pro speed and he gets his from here

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
omar said:
Just stick a tin of injector cleaner into 1/4 tank of fuel @ MOT time... you'll pass no probs!
Out of curiosity Omar, how does this work?

Polo + Micra
o f**k yes. mine failed the mot because of it i think because it is too loud for the type of car lmao

Polo + Micra
only failed yesterday so i'm looking for solutions lol

wouldn't be so bad but i've got a mid silencer so it should be quiet

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2
I didn't realise they could fail you for an exhaust being too loud!

Can't you ask him whether a fiver in each ear would help him to block out the noise?

Clio 197
len_beach said:
Out of curiosity Omar, how does this work?

I have NO idea mate...

My ol' 1.2 failed on emissions...

Stuck-a-bit of cleaner in it... and as soon as it started to run-though, emissions fell!

I'll try to find out what brand it was.

Hello Mark,
I had the same dilemma.
I opted for the Pro-Speed exhaust and silenced decat. However this was last year and it was the first of the 2.25" systems. Needed to drive to Leeds the next day. Half way there I had a headache.
Decided to vist Pro-Speed for a different back box. This helped but still was too loud for me.
Charlie recommended a 100 cell sports cat. This slows down the gasses so should help on noise. The Std cat is a 400 cell cat.
Had it is 10 months and like it alot. Does not sound as good as the silenced decat but I can live with the noise. Never had a problem after fitting the sports cat.
I had the decat on and it took 800miles for the light to go out after I put on the Sports Cat.
Tel

dink take it too a different garage, one that doesnt hate boy racers, the mot standard just says, silenecie effectively, so who says other than the guy at the garage, that yours is too loud?

^^^Thanks for the info eltel21.

I am going to have some engine work done in the near future and did not want to strangle the mods by leaving on the standard cat. I have a cat back SS exhaust at the minute which as far as I can tell has a 2" bore pipe splitting into twin silencers.

The exhaust is as loud as I want it currently with standard cat so ideally would need to look at modding the exhaust if I went the sports cat route.

I suppose I will leave it for now as the engine work is going to cost £££'s and can not afford to be modding/changing exhaust at the moment.

Thanks for the replies.