ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spotted Myself!!!!! (>____<)

I was on A57 headin towards Worksop n saw this Blue clio sport comin towards me, checked his number plate n thought d plate looked quite familiar... looked at it again & i couldn't believe my eyes! that b*stard had my number plate sticked on his car! w*nker cloned my car! :mad: Pulled up n called the cops.. About an hour later got a call from cops saying if i was seeing things?!? :S i swear it was my registration!

Civic Type R EK9
Dodgy man you want to watch that if he gets done for speeding etc its in your name. Make a strong point to police and get them to stop that reg.

You will be getting stopped daily now lol you probs made a slight mistake

Dodgy man you want to watch that if he gets done for speeding etc its in your name. Make a strong point to police and get them to stop that reg.

I asked the cops what will happen if that car gets caught by camera or something like that.. they told me i dont have to worry about it.. when i get the penalty notice, all i have to do is bring em to police HQ & they'll sort it out.. as long as i've reported it, its ok. forgot to mention i got pulled up twice on the way home from work. they just checked the Vehicle Identification Number or Chassis Number & let me off..

Renault clio 182
Pull over and take a nap next time you start feeling sleepy you wont fall asleep at the wheel again ( tut tut tut )

Audi TT 225
So if I report my car cloned... and ever get caught by a speedy cam then I "could" get off because Ive reported it cloned? ;)

Not that I would, liscence is clean as a whistle anyway

So if I report my car cloned... and ever get caught by a speedy cam then I "could" get off because Ive reported it cloned? ;)

Not that I would, liscence is clean as a whistle anyway

you have to proove your location at the time of incident but defo would have a case imo :quiet:

i'd worry about you having the cloned car :eek:

I bought mine from renault dealers.. so im not worrying me havin the cloned car.. it was checked n evryfing before i drove it home.. i need 2 ring my insurance company up just in case.. if he gets involved in an accident 3rd party probably gonna claim my insurance.. so i'll sort dat out 1st fing in d morning.

only kidding fella .............it's serious as it could be involved in something major and then they'll come knocking on your door :dapprove:

S2000
Hope they get the prick.

My unlce bought a Mercedes E-class and ran it for 2 years with the wrong number plate as the dealership put an F instead of an E on the plate - as he didn't have to get it MOT'd or anything as it was brand new he never even knew. He only found out when he went back to trade it in and the number plate came up as a fiesta when put into the dealerships computer. It just goes to show that these sort of f**k ups can happen from the dealership. In this case thats probably not what happened, but it is possible.

Clio 182
It wouldn't exactly be hard would it.. If you felt like it, you could clone anyones car from this forum, and know their name if you got pulled over.

this is why the internet can be a bit worrying at times.

hope something gets sorted out - might aswell go speeding for a bit :p

R35 GTR
phone up dvla and say you want a new reg number due to this. Report to police and get an incident number, so the dvla can check.

Civic Type R EK9

I asked the cops what will happen if that car gets caught by camera or something like that.. they told me i dont have to worry about it.. when i get the penalty notice, all i have to do is bring em to police HQ & they'll sort it out.. as long as i've reported it, its ok. forgot to mention i got pulled up twice on the way home from work. they just checked the Vehicle Identification Number or Chassis Number & let me off..

Not being funny but thats utter bollox in that case i could go to cops now and say ive seen a clio with my number plate going round, then get flashed on cameras daily and just take to police and get let off all the time!!! :rasp:

Clio Trophy
The dealer put the wrong plate on my car from new. I guess the other owner could easily miss a simlar letter on the reg documents to the plate on the car, in my case the car had a U on the plates when it should have been a V...

Clio 182 Trophy
Not being funny or anything, but that is why you blank your number plate out when posting pics of your car - or any of your mates for that matter!!

Clio 182
exactly.. until things like this happen I never really think about it - but its such an easy thing to do, especially if you know the persons full name :S though we would hope everyone on here was well nice and that :p

well, i havent posted pic of my car round here.. so probably im just unlucky.. bought a private plate dis morning hopefully i can put my plate up soon...
got a update from police today.. dey saw this clone car driving around birmingham city centre on cctv.. still havent caught him..:mad: *SIGH*