ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spray on, hose off wheel cleaner?

330i. E30 Touring.
So, never thought I'd venture into here.

Anyone have any recommendations of some super awesome wheel cleaner that will need minimum amounts of scrubbage? Cleaning 4x BBS' on my e30 is similar to water torture with how long it takes!

Ideas, if such a product even exists!?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
If you seal them properly, see my thread on using a decent sealant for wheels, then all you will need is a normal car shampoo mix, or any pre wash to be honest. this way tar and brake deposits will rinse off with a bit of pre soaking.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
If he does what Dave has put in the guide then all he will need as normal shampoo with no scrubbing required.

At present he will have to use a wheel cleaner and decontaminate everytime plus also scrub to get the wheels clean.

But tbh this is Mike, use bilberry and maybe Agee squirts of iron x mate

Last edited:
  330i. E30 Touring.
Cool. Cheers guys. Will be getting the wheels refurbed so will have them sealed afterwards if it's that good!

Will buy some ironx and some Bilberry for the interim....

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Yer if they're getting refurbed its 100% worth sealing them properly.

Last edited:
  Golf GT & A4 Avant
Very good Dave, but that's not what he asked.

It was just a suggestion. Quite a common one which is why I made the thread, to give people an indication of how good these products are.

To answer his direct question, no, their is no product for unprotected wheels that can be sprayed on, left to dwell, and rinsed off. On unprotected wheels all will need agitation, and more than likely multiple attempts. For regular application, the products that will come a little close to removing half the grime with just leaving it to dwell are likely to dull the finish, possibly speed up corrossion if their is any breaks in marks in the clear coat. They are not products that you would want to use more than once a year.

Borrow the gear, or ask someone to prep the wheels for you. apply a nano / quartz coating, then and only then will you be able to simple spray on, rinse off contamination.