ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

spraying '16V' badges.

Clio 1.2 dynamique 16V
I want to paint my '16v' door badges silver, and i need to know the best way to do this. Mainly things like the right kind of primer to use, and lacquer, and sanding them down. Also, what is a good silver to use, pref so it matches the renault alloys.

Thanks guys for any help you can give me! :)

Robbie G

Chocolate Bar™
use plastic primer, 800 grit sandpaper to smooth them off, and a thick layer of laquer in the sun and you'll be fine

how long does the paint last on there?

i spoke to my brother-in-law about doing this and he said dont bother becasue the amount of dirt and crap that has soaked into the plastic will just stop it from staying on ???

Chocolate Bar™
i've done loads of badges over a period of around 3 years and none have chipped/come off lol. As long as they're prepped fine it'll be fine

been doing some spraying this weekend, i cant believe you do it for everyone middo its so much effort! I think ill have to send some bits your way !

stp

172 Flame Red Phase 1
I did my grab handles this weekend and they look sweet!

I used 240 grit to start with (mainly to get rid of the rubber cack) and worked my way down to 800. Two coats of primer, two of paint and 3 of laquer. The best tip I have got is to make sure the can of paint is warm. So I put the cans in some warm water before spraying and you get a much nicer spray!

Now have got my confidence up to do my rubbing strips. Gulp!