ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spraying a Trophy

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Do you live in a blue house? and only eat blue cheese? and only wear blue clothes?
Get
a
grip.

Seems a bit pointless. Aside the dampers what is it makes the Trophy so special again? :S
Paul, you are no longer welcome in my car ;)

Merc
So you wouldn't get a red Ferrari then? Thats like when your a little kid and can't look at other girls cause you got a girlfriend lol. REDiculous!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
cant bilieve this guy FLOL!!!

do you not watch SKY tv because your a virgin? this is proof that the majority of football fans are infact retards.

honestly, wont buy a car because the colour isnt the same as your chosen teams home kit! FLOL ill be laughing all night at this and for that i thank you

Merc
I support Holland, going off to spray my car shocking orange in a bit.

But I also support Croatia so I am in two minds, checkered red and white or orange :S

This is also like someone saying they don't watch phorn because there are willies and they are not ghay.

Stripped yozza'd cup
Are you serious?????

Firstly, you live in Leeds.
Secondly, even considering spraying a trophy is retarded.... they will hold their value the best of any of the RS range, and you'll be pissing money down the drain come resale time.
Thirdly, if you're more fussed about it being Blue than the fact that it's a trophy, you should be banned from owning one.

Buy a 182, some coilovers and Recaro's.

this is proof that the majority of football fans are infact retards.

Really? "Proof" you say? "the majority" you say? What I see is evidence that ONE football fan is a bit retarded.

Anyway, OP needs to get a grip. Having said that, it's his car so he can do what he likes with it. Seems a shame to ruin a Trophy though.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Haven't read all the way through but dear god... Buy a racing blue, trophy spoiler, turinis and dampers and you'll have saved a lot of money and have the car you want....

Very retarded reason for respraying a car though

Football is stupid

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Really? "Proof" you say? "the majority" you say? What I see is evidence that ONE football fan is a bit retarded.

Anyway, OP needs to get a grip. Having said that, it's his car so he can do what he likes with it. Seems a shame to ruin a Trophy though.

a football fan then.

from what ive seen with fans worshiping a bunch of overpaid buffoons because they happen to be able to control a ball with their feet, yes the majority are retards. this muppet is clearly the king.

and i dont even hate football, i enjoy watching a bit of skill. but going to the lengths of fighting because i called wayne rooney a coont or respraying a car a diffrent colour because its the same colour as my football teams "arch rivals" is severly retarded

Fiesta ST-3
a football fan then.

from what ive seen with fans worshiping a bunch of overpaid buffoons because they happen to be able to control a ball with their feet, yes the majority are retards. this muppet is clearly the king.

and i dont even hate football, i enjoy watching a bit of skill. but going to the lengths of fighting because i called wayne rooney a coont or respraying a car a diffrent colour because its the same colour as my football teams "arch rivals" is severly retarded

Pipe down! It could be worse he could have orange wheels on his car!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Jeeeeeeesssssssus.

If you want to do it, DO IT!

Not my choice, probably not first choice of someone who wanted to buy one looking on Autotrader but really who gives a w**k what you do to your own car.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
lol and theres me thought we could bury the hatchet because wed both grown up a bit. clearly your one to hold a grudge.

supose you support cardiff because your car is blue lol!

williams and trophy
lmao at the 'resale value' diatribe.

most people on here spend a decent amount of money modding their cars, whether it be the obligatory silvervisions or a s/c kit. do these same people do this to add value to their car?? cos by the comments of most of you, adding anything that will devalue your car, or cost more to do than youd get back at resale youd be an absolute muppet to fit. how many muppets are there in this club then??

bout time the people on this forum broke out of the little bubble world they live in imho.

people do things to their cars for their own preferance, or to follow the crowd as they have no mind of their own. aka sheep.

Fiesta ST-3
lol and theres me thought we could bury the hatchet because wed both grown up a bit. clearly your one to hold a grudge.

supose you support cardiff because your car is blue lol!

Funnily enough I don't. Consider the hatchet buried :)

If you're going to be daft enough to respray it, at least paint it something interesting, blue is probably the most meh worthy colour to have a car in.

260% JCW
I wouldn't do it but that's just me...........That said though if you're going to get it done, get it done right. Completely stripped, Inside the door shuts, shell ect not by some bloke you may know in his converted green house. And go for a decent blue.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
respraying a car is no big deal, and although a little odd, nothing really wrong with doing it to a Trophy.

Respraying a car in a colour it already comes in is a little bit pointless to put it politely. why not just buy a blue car as it's easier to replace parts than respray (forgetting costs here)
Respraying a car because its a team colour is pathetic. Do you only wear blue clothes? never worn a red something? What if your mrs came home in red underwear, would you be offended and demand she has it changed to blue incase it insults your team? man up and buy a car for what it is ie nothing to do with football.

Do the Man Utd team / fans only drive red cars? etc etc Oh how we could all go on. If you want to spray your car do it for a real reason, not a football team.

Maybe I should have my LY clio resprayed as it's not in my favoured team colours, but wait, it's different, it's a car not a team jersey.

I'm so suprised this hasn't been locked yet

White clique
lmao at the 'resale value' diatribe.

most people on here spend a decent amount of money modding their cars, whether it be the obligatory silvervisions or a s/c kit. do these same people do this to add value to their car?? cos by the comments of most of you, adding anything that will devalue your car, or cost more to do than youd get back at resale youd be an absolute muppet to fit. how many muppets are there in this club then??

bout time the people on this forum broke out of the little bubble world they live in imho.

people do things to their cars for their own preferance, or to follow the crowd as they have no mind of their own. aka sheep.

So if you read back your own post to yourself, you are infact confirming it would devalue the car then?

182, 6r GTi
just no.

supid idea in my eyes. only a sertain amount of them made and you want to ruin one. just buy a normal clio sport if its that bigger deal

williams and trophy
So if you read back your own post to yourself, you are infact confirming it would devalue the car then?

fitting non std wheels/exhaust/susp/eng mods will also devalue the car. the colour change would too. but that isnt what he asked. if the OP wants to change the colour thats his choice. the majority of people on here devalue their car with nothing but praise from other members. yet this lad gets slated.

oh the irony. the lad that painted his white....remember a non standard colour, got nothing but praise

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
fitting non std wheels/exhaust/susp/eng mods will also devalue the car. the colour change would too. but that isnt what he asked. if the OP wants to change the colour thats his choice. the majority of people on here devalue their car with nothing but praise from other members. yet this lad gets slated.

oh the irony.

You'll also find that most people (with an ounce of noodle) remove said mods before they sell the car, then they sell the mods.

Whats this guy going to do, scrape the paint off before he puts it in Gumtree?

williams and trophy
hmmm. how many people have had bodies, s/c kits, turbo mods...do they return their car back to std to sell, or do they leave them fitted to offer something diff to a buyer in the hope theyl get more money for it?

White clique

oh the irony. the lad that painted his white....remember a non standard colour, got nothing but praise

ok cool so do you therefore think its sensible to devalue your car or not, i cant work out where you are cominng from? Not only will you devalue the car, but then there is the money you've spend spraying it in the first place.

This idea looks like a good way to wave goodbye to £4k, all for the sake of football. Sounds great.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
is this a bit of trolling?

I'm sorry but you want a big f**king slap for painting a car the colour your football team is, regardless of what car it is, you're clearly a gimp.

I've owned a trophy and they're great. One of the good things is the colour and how well it looks when maintained.

williams and trophy
ok cool so do you therefore think its sensible to devalue your car or not, i cant work out where you are cominng from? Not only will you devalue the car, but then there is the money you've spend spraying it in the first place.

This idea looks like a good way to wave goodbye to £4k, all for the sake of football. Sounds great.

at the end of the day, what you, i, or anyone else thinks is of no importance. if the OP wants to paint his car, whats the big deal?? its not as if its something that cant be put back to standard now is it?? hes already said his mate will be doing the respray so wouldnt cost all that much, to spray lime green or whatever colour he so chooses, therefore it wont cost that much to respray it back. its not like hes bonding a vee lookylike kit on, or fabricating roof vents or even making it into a convertible is it??

the car can quite easily be put back to standard, the pink trophy's will be in need of a respray in a couple years anyway, the paint isnt reknowned for keeping its colour is it.

where im coming from is that its his choice. it may be that it would be cheaper for him to buy a trophy and paint it the colour he wants, rather than buy a clio the colour he wants and retrofitting the seats/susp/ etc out of a trophy into it. a std 182 will NEVER be a trophy no matter how many bits you put on it.

The reason this has got to so many pages isn't because he wants to paint it a different colour. It's because he wants to do it because of a football team.

White clique
at the end of the day, what you, i, or anyone else thinks is of no importance. if the OP wants to paint his car, whats the big deal?? its not as if its something that cant be put back to standard now is it?? hes already said his mate will be doing the respray so wouldnt cost all that much, to spray lime green or whatever colour he so chooses, therefore it wont cost that much to respray it back. its not like hes bonding a vee lookylike kit on, or fabricating roof vents or even making it into a convertible is it??

the car can quite easily be put back to standard, the pink trophy's will be in need of a respray in a couple years anyway, the paint isnt reknowned for keeping its colour is it.

where im coming from is that its his choice. it may be that it would be cheaper for him to buy a trophy and paint it the colour he wants, rather than buy a clio the colour he wants and retrofitting the seats/susp/ etc out of a trophy into it. a std 182 will NEVER be a trophy no matter how many bits you put on it.

flol so you are now suggesting paying a load to have it sprayed blue, then pay another load to spray it red again before selling it? Are you pissed or something?

The bits you are missing is that everyone is telling him not to paint it because it was cost lots of money for a very silly reason. It may be his choice, in the same way it would be my choice to go and key every panel of my car for a lol just so i can paint it all over again. I'm sure most people would say that was a silly idea.

Trophy's are red. Its as simple as that. I am not sure if anyone ever painted a Williams pink or whatever, but from a purists point of view, if they did, no knob would buy it as they are meant to be blue. And its the same principle with the Trophy which is meant to be red.

As for your comment that lots of people mod cars in other ways to take it away from standard, and that no one moans at that, its becuase there is actually a market for modded clios, you could actually sell one. There is however no market crying out for a blue Trophy that someone has painted as they are scared their car will get egged for being red.