ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spraying car liquid yellow...

Megane Sport F1 :)
Ok as above really. I use to have a LY 182 but sadly it got written off due to some idiot that decided to smash into the back of me. Since then Iv bought a pearl black 172 and spent a fair bit getting it to a stage that I'm happy with. Iv done things too it which I planned on doing to the LY but there's just one thing missing...it's black not LY :(
I know this is abit of a "how longs a piece of string" kinda question but what do you guys think a ballpark figure to spray it LY would be? Realistically if I removed all bumpers etc myself and got it sprayed just exterior (not including engine bay) then do you imagine that would be a fair bit cheaper??

Its only a random idea at the moment and nothing's set in stone but really fancy getting it done if its proves affordable.

Thanks,

David

172 CUP
I got a quote for a full respray of a 172 cup for £1000 so a bit less than that for you, but if your guna do it surely it would make sense to get it all done imo would look better

no idea on price mate, could say about £1500 maybe more for a full colour change

but you will want the door shuts etc doing otherwise there is no point in doing a colour change as you will see the original paint every time you open a door/bonnet/boot

£1500 - £2000+ if you want it done properly!

thought as much :approve:

but its up to you mate whether the car is worth that to you...

might be an option to look for another LY and part-ex your PB into get it on the condition you get to swap the mods over and pay toward the difference?

e.g. LY at £3000, garage offers £2000 for yours standard in part ex, swap bits over and pay the remaining £1000 (rough prices pulled out of the air)

would probs be cheaper than a full colour change

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
£2000+ it's a 3/4 stage paint when done properly, if you paid out that sort of cash and then someone scratched it you would be gutted.
I dont think its worth I tbh

RS200 & PH2 172
Would a vinyl wrap be an option? I want my 172 track toy alien green so was thinking of getting a similar colour green and wrapping it

Megane Sport F1 :)
Thanks for all the replies guys. To me the only real sensible option when I think about it would be to buy a LY and start all over again. I know there's one on pistonheads for £4,500 and one on ebay for £3,850...

E92 325D
Renault charge £5k to spray liquid yellow.

There was a big thing about the Renaultsport advert showing a liquid yellow twingo...even though it wasnt an option.

Renault replied with "it may not be an option on the list but it can still be done, for £5k"

Liquid Yellow 1.5DCi
Ok as above really. I use to have a LY 182 but sadly it got written off due to some idiot that decided to smash into the back of me. Since then Iv bought a pearl black 172 and spent a fair bit getting it to a stage that I'm happy with. Iv done things too it which I planned on doing to the LY but there's just one thing missing...it's black not LY :(
I know this is abit of a "how longs a piece of string" kinda question but what do you guys think a ballpark figure to spray it LY would be? Realistically if I removed all bumpers etc myself and got it sprayed just exterior (not including engine bay) then do you imagine that would be a fair bit cheaper??

Its only a random idea at the moment and nothing's set in stone but really fancy getting it done if its proves affordable.

Thanks,

David

Pm'd