ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spraying Splitter

Fiesta ST-3
Good idea or no?

I've just sprayed the grill in gloss and going to do the lower grill and fog light surrounds to make them look better.

Do I do the splitter before it goes on? (Skoda) or is there too much flex in it which is likely to make it flake etc.

Wouldn't it just chip as it's the lowest point at the front of the car? You'd have to take the slight texture off too.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'd spray a standard cup splitter, they're pretty solid. But that bobbins rubbery skoda splitter will just leave the paint peeling off in chunks IMO.

Fiesta ST-3
Agreed will look terrible. then again I think gloss grills look horrific too. Satin black or nothing IMO

Id love to know how it would look terrible?

It would just save back to blacking it all the time.

i was more concerned if it would flex at all.

Wouldn't look bad at all it wouldn't flex unless your car is to low and catches like mine. If your scared of that happening it chipping etc just get some Gtechniq C4 or similar on it. I just use my tyre gel on it every time i clean the car, looks great.

It would be completely fine I'd imagine. As long as you get it into the shape its going to be on the bumper before spraying so you don't bend it too much.
Would chip easily though. I resprayed my carbon splitter because it was fucked and just looked like an original cup splitter.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Id love to know how it would look terrible?

It would just save back to blacking it all the time.

i was more concerned if it would flex at all.

I remember reading that someone else done it gloss, and after about a week he thought it looked gash and sprayed it satin!