ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spring rates

Robmarriott

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup
I need some help...

My wife is doing her ARDS test and (hopefully) getting her National B license in the next couple of months so I need to prepare the car for racing.

At the moment, the springs are too soft on the front but I don't know what to go for!

The rates on my Spax coilovers are 350lb front 225lb rear, the 182 series control coilovers use 740lb front and 450lb rear.

Does anyone have any experience with the control coilover for the 182 series? are they mega mega stiff or do they work well?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I need some help...

My wife is doing her ARDS test and (hopefully) getting her National B license in the next couple of months so I need to prepare the car for racing.

At the moment, the springs are too soft on the front but I don't know what to go for!

The rates on my Spax coilovers are 350lb front 225lb rear, the 182 series control coilovers use 740lb front and 450lb rear.

Does anyone have any experience with the control coilover for the 182 series? are they mega mega stiff or do they work well?
I'd imagine that they will be stiff as fook if you were to use it on the road mate, but they'll be fine for racing purposes.

Robmarriott

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup
It won't be used on the road again now, maybe the odd track day but the intention is it's now going to be an actual race car.