ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

spring rotating

Dodgy one
Think i've got a boloxed top mount bearing, Just to confirm if i have,

I'd get a bit of knocking while driving and I'd hear the spring rotating in the spring pan wouldnt I? It also Creaks and hasnt done before

Cheers

Dodgy one
It is now on coilovers, but it has only just started doing it and they've been on a few weeks now i think

My coilies were the same, got told it's normal with them. 172Ben had a similar problem and Tweeks said it was normal iirc.

Golf GTD Mk7
hmmm, wierd, springs wouldn't move on coilovers I doubt. have you kept the standard top mounts?

Dodgy one
It cant be surely, I can her the spring basically twang when turning the wheel, as far as i can remember back its always the strut that rotated and the springs were fixed in the pans

It cant be surely, I can her the spring basically twang when turning the wheel, as far as i can remember back its always the strut that rotated and the springs were fixed in the pans
So could I, but coilovers are different as they aren't in the same kind of locators that standard struts are.

Golf GTD Mk7
Yes, so far. The plan is to change them for some solid ones in future although i'd hoped they'd have lasted a few more months yet, Its only ones side doing it :(

Fitted correctly? nice and tight? could be top bearing, just coincidentally going when you upgraded.

Dodgy one
Fitted correctly? nice and tight? could be top bearing, just coincidentally going when you upgraded.

Yes, doublechecked too as i was doubting myself, Just seems to have happened these last few days the knocking, and now been able to heat the spring twang.

Guessing this is going to cost me nigh on £100 in total to get them tracked back up after the new bearings gone on too, Just when i wanted to get the new forza lol

Dodgy one
Changed the topmount now, quiet as a mouse :approve: guess the rubber had, had it too as the knockings gone :touch wood