ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Springs for the MOT

Clio Sport 172
Hi all ! I have cooksports in my ph1 172. The car always passed the mot paying a bit more (in Portugal you cant simply modifie anything in the car.. :( )but now they've installed tv cameras in the inspections center that take pictures of the cars.. so they can see if the car externally is original ! The problem is that i dont have the stock springs anymore.. can i use the 1.2, 1.4 or other clio to go only to the inspection? Will they fit? Thanks a lot !

Clio 172
How do they identify a modified spring? Is the ride height measured compared to standard? There must be some variance allowed. As long as you're not obviously low, surely replacement springs can be fitted due to wear/breakage and springs do sag over time lowering the ride height.