ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Squeaky Dashboard

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Hi Guys, Newbie here! :clap: (wanted a waving smilie - but couldnt find one)

Just bought a 54 plate FF 182 last week and its all gravy apart from there is a rattle/squeak in the dashboard! :mad: Which has really started to p**s me off. I have tried 2 short term solutions: 1. Ragging the nuts out the engine so the exhaust rasp covers the noise, and 2. Turning the stereo up to full volume..... but am looking for a longer term fix.

From my rather lo-tech investigations (involving pushing down on various parts of the dash while driving) i think theres 2 sources of rattles, one above the dashboard and one above the clock/radio lcd display.

It feels like there are two skins in the dashboard (?) so other than shoving something in between the two, does anyone have any other suggestions?

silver cup packed FF 182
not alot you can really do,unless its a bit of trim you can get to and maybe superglue down permantley,the one above the radio lcd display you mean as in the little compartment on top of the dashboard?

Owen

ClioSport Admin
not alot you can really do,unless its a bit of trim you can get to and maybe superglue down permantley,the one above the radio lcd display you mean as in the little compartment on top of the dashboard?

Yer, thats the little blighter. But its the one just above the instrument binacle that was really annoying me this morning..... Nas 'Hip hop is dead' on max volume soon cured it tho! :approve:

LY V6 with Recaros
Welcome to cliosport :) As for the rattles - get used to them lol, it's part of owning a Renault!

Last edited:
  182 Cup
Ive got the one above the clock you talk about and another in the glovebox that is currently being worked on by the retards at my local dealership.

RS Clio 200
/\/\ Cliospoer eh Deb? this some new club ure founding?

Welcome to the world of renault matey!!! the fun makes up for it though

My old clio used to rattle above the dials, just gave it a good whack and it cured it for a while.

silver cup packed FF 182
usually it depends on how cold the car is some say as when its colder and the cars trying to warm up you will hear the odd noise or two but once warmed up most of the odd noises will dissapear to till drive your car from cold again lol :)