ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Squeaky Recaro

AB 182 w/Recaros
I'm pretty sure this has been asked before but the solution of 'take it to the dealer' is no longer valid 9 years on.

My drivers side Recaro has started squeaking pretty bad as I am driving. Most bumps in the road are making it squeak and any pressure on the back whilst I am driving gives a squeak. A push on the back when I'm not sat in it does not. Sounds like it is coming from around the lower left back area of the seat.
My 182 has just over 30k on the clock so the seat has seen less attention that most. I have had the car since 24k and do not recall it doing this when I got it. In fact only really noticed it the last 1k miles.
I am not overweight in case anyone was wondering.

I have read it could be silicon/foam rubbing on metal. My question is this: is there anything that can be done about this without opening up the chair?

And if not, what would be involved in swapping the passenger and driver seats over? I can live with it if it only happens with a passenger.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Gaz