ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Squealing DS2500's?

Clio 172 cup
I'm on the verge of buying a set of these alongside some Brembo HC discs.

But in light of seeing a few posts on here complaining about an apparent squealing, it's starting to put me off slightly.

So, the question is If you have DS2500's or even better the same setup that I'm opting for. DO THEY SQUEAL? :eek:

182 cup
mine squeak at slow speed, like when in a trafficjam and im stop starting but once they get upto temp they are brutal!

Gez

Yozza'd 182 RB 188bhp
Mine are perectly quiet. no noise atall.
If yours are, then take them out and de-glaze them on some sandpaper on a flat surface and then greeae the edges and the parts which touch the calipers, then refit. no more squeel.

Bus w**ker
Before Fred posts it lol...have you removed the shims and filed down the pads?

No squealing here whether hot or cold following this advice. ;)

TrackCar & F30 330d
I love my Carbone Lorraine's squeeling,

Bit random but its the same reason i have kept my trackday number on the side of my window. Those very few people out there will see my car, on coilovers, buckets, harnesses, running Toyo R888' and hear me stopping and hear my brake squeeling away. They will know that i'm got some proper trackday brakes.

That may have made on sence but i like the squeal :)

Clio 172 cup
:eek: Not really the chain of replies that I was hoping for tbh.

Guess it's just gonna be another one of those things that I'll have to put up with. :dapprove:

Lionel Richie
READ what i say below

REMOVE caliper shims from pad carriers (little steel plates things)

TRIAL fit new DS2500's into carrier, you MUST have AT LEAST 1.5mm vertical movement of the pad in the carrier (ie the must be nice a free to move, hot metal expands remember!)

if they're tight (i'll guarantee they will be!) grind down either end of the backing plate (where the wee nipply bits are) and try again, repeat until you have ample clearance

also when trying to close the caliper over the carrier they can be tight, so you may have to grind the carrier edge faces of the backing plate also (rare)

BMW M135i
Fitted some to blooors 172 at the weekend and didn't squeel at all during bedding in and after, whether they are now or not is another question.

And having to file down £100 pads to get them to fit is a pisstake tbh.

Clio 172 cup
Cheers Fred it's really appreciated. I'll give u a call in the morning to place an order.

"Navy" N17 TWO
The very occasional squeek from mine when stopping from slow speeds or sitting in traffic. Great pads though :)

TVR Cerbera
I havn't got 2500's but Mintex 1155's (similar brakes) They do also squeal a bit when coming to a slow stop. when it gets too much, i just take them for a good thrash to clean the pads up, then they are fine and quiet again

Lionel Richie
Fitted some to blooors 172 at the weekend and didn't squeel at all during bedding in and after, whether they are now or not is another question.

And having to file down £100 pads to get them to fit is a pisstake tbh.

i assume you know how aftermarket (motorsport) manufacures make pads (ie how they get the template) piece of paper and a pencil! (inaccuracy of +/- 100mm ;))

then the back plates are laser cut (IIRC tollerence is +/- 0.25mm)

you should of seen what i did to £xxxxK F1 pads :D

REMEMBER these are RACE pads, for RACE USE, motorsport bods don't whinge/care about minor things like this, but when road users start using RACE parts for the ROAD, the floodgates open! i drove to Bristol the other week to sort out a customers car after he informed me the "garage" said they didn't fit :nono::rolleyes:

i've had years of it, not a rant at you mate as i know you know your berries! :D

Whisker biscuit

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Flamer
Fitted the Brembo HC's and the 2500 pads on the front and OEM discs and Mintex pads on the rear 2 days ago and everything seems to be spot on so far, not a wimper :)