ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Squeeky exhaust/gearbox after a burn(172)

Anyone experienced this on the older 172s? After some heavy footed driving I have noticed that if I slow down (5-10miles per hour) or put it in reverse something under the car squeeks/creaks unhappily. A loud click can also be heard if I put my foot on the brakes in reverse. (dunno if this is related)

Neither problem is that bad but I am a bit of a perfectionist!! Anyone noticed it?

Brake noise sounds like the pads moving in the caliper/carrier, theres usually a bit of a space between the edge of the pad and carrier which allows some front to back movement of the pads, braking forward the pads will be tight against the front of the carrier, braking in reverse they move to the back. If you have done a lot of braking (lots of heat) the pads can stick to the caliper, braking in reverse cracks them off. Sounds like nothing to worry about as long as you have checked you still have some meat left on the pads! Not heard squeeks and creaks under mine, but then I cant hear much over the squeeks and creaks of the interior!