ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Squeeling Brakes

Welcome to the L4yer
I have read most of the threads on this subject but would like to clarify a few things. I have recently upgraded all my discs and pads. I'm running new Brembo HCs on the front, new OE discs on the back, & EBC black pads (K-Tec kevlar) all round. I have squeeling coming from the front brakes even after 500 miles of bedding in. The pedal feel is good and the braking force is improved. :S

I am going to clean all the calipers up and dab copper slip on the backs of the pads. I have no anti squeel shims at the mo. I am tempted to remove the metal shims at the sides of the calipers (the parts the pads moves on). I think I have read that these shims can cause squeel. I am also going to chamfer the leading edges of the front pads and file the sides of the pads (where the grove is) to help the pads move squarely. :dead:

Has anyone any other thoughts, any help appreciated. :approve: