ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SRP & Lime Prime

Fiesta ST-2
Question...

My friend has bought a swirly mondeo and some cleaning products - one being lime prime, which does nothing by hand in terms of covering swirls I believe? Can he use my SRP then put the lime prime on after so he hasnt completly wasted his money on it :D or will this just undo the SRP's work?

Thanks!

Titanium 182
Isn't lime prime like a cleaning fluid ? if so putting it on after SRP will take the SRP off.

Fiesta ST-2
Lime prime and SRP are pretty much interchangeable. SRP has more fillers than LP.

He's alive! Not much point in using both then? Even if it makes my friend feel better for wasting his money lol... Or should i use this opportunity to get me some cheap lime prime :evil:

You not been banned yet??

On topic, I have always and was always SRP's No1 fan. Tried Lime Prime and loved it. Used it quite a number of times as a wax/sealent remover/start again product, such as for a winter prep.

Bumder With A Buffer
Hurts :(

Once the winter is over im going to try some lime prime...spent way to much this summer/autumn stocking up on bits and pieces. Now have a solid base of products though which I like so shouldn't need to waste money buying something to find out It's not very good (whether it be technique or durability issues etc :()

Fiesta ST-2
Im doing a winter prep on saturday got me some collinite's the 3 layers or dodo juice no longer bead... Fail!

Megane R26
Lime Prime is a fair bit more abrasive than SRP, say 3/10 compared to 1/10 for SRP (ish).

JD, you a Dodo fanboy now? ;)

Megane R26
Im doing a winter prep on saturday got me some collinite's the 3 layers or dodo juice no longer bead... Fail!

All of the Dodo's are pretty poor reliability wise, with the exception of the newer 'Pro' stuff, which isn't a 'proper' wax anymore, but more of a hybrid, blended with elements found in their Red Mist 'spray sealant'.

The only 'normal' waxes which seem to last are Megs #16 and the higher end Zymol's.

Colli is a hybrid wax too...