ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ST vs Audi S4?

watching his exit from the roundabout i don't know what he was playing at but ours does not run massively wide like that.

As for power claims , a miltek s4 with a revo map is around 365-370bhp , seen ours and more than one other on the rollers (and not the same ones).

they are heavy and will struggle to turn in like a hot hatch thats for sure .

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
watching his exit from the roundabout i don't know what he was playing at but ours does not run massively wide like that.

As for power claims , a miltek s4 with a revo map is around 365-370bhp , seen ours and more than one other on the rollers (and not the same ones).

they are heavy and will struggle to turn in like a hot hatch thats for sure .

It wont but its not going to struggle and go wide at 30mph like that vid though. ;) I'm guessing he wasn't at the sweet spot, where as someone was watching their rear view on boost waiting to plant it.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Ah the D/C of choice for local testing :)

Alan

So I'm out legally lapping a local section of DC trying to get my intake temps up when a B6 S4 joined in the fun.

Conclusion?

An upgraded intercooler is a waste of money unless you do trackdays, and the understeer in an S4 means it gives a massive amount away exiting tight 2nd gear turns.

Last edited by a moderator:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
It wont but its not going to struggle and go wide at 30mph like that vid though. ;) I'm guessing he wasn't at the sweet spot, where as someone was watching their rear view on boost waiting to plant it.

Ditchfinder tyres maybe? It did look like he was really struggling with it!

Ah the D/C of choice for local testing :)

Alan

He he he. Short, quiet, clear sighted, good surface, no side roads/junctions etc. and a Shell garage to top back up once you've run dry LOL It's perfect!

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Was good enough for me to sell the Mr2 last Thursday :)

Alan

Ditchfinder tyres maybe? It did look like he was really struggling with it!

He he he. Short, quiet, clear sighted, good surface, no side roads/junctions etc. and a Shell garage to top back up once you've run dry LOL It's perfect!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Fiesta pulls really well, local tuner here has a 350bhp one on standard internals!! Mega mega quick but very laggy, defeats the purpose of the car, low down grunt drivability etc.

Inlet temps look fine as you said! My twingo was hitting high 50s when the exterior temp was in the teens!

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Have you seen the power they run on the formula ford cars? Standard 1.0 ecoboost block with the 1.6's turbo strapped to it. It seems very believeable to me.

The internals seem ridiculously well spec'd

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
Have you seen the power they run on the formula ford cars? Standard 1.0 ecoboost block with the 1.6's turbo strapped to it. It seems very believeable to me.

The internals seem ridiculously well spec'd

I'm pretty sure the Formula Ford's run the 1.6 200ps version of the ecoboost engine. I think the 1.0 version was just a marketing/engineering excercise.

I would bet both my testicles that Ford didn't endow a production specification 1.6l engine with internals capable of withstanding 350hp.

If they did, then they're nutters!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I would bet both my testicles that Ford didn't endow a production specification 1.6l engine with internals capable of withstanding 350hp.

If they did, then they're nutters!

Theres a 2.0 ecoboost in America that's up to 400bhp on standard internals. I could well bilieve 350 in the 1.6. Although it's pushing believability a bit

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Wasn't the engine in the Nissan Delta Wing the 1.6 unit from the Clio...that iirc Fred was saying could or did run well over 300bhp on standard (or close to) internals?

On the Fiesta I know that there's a couple of 'packages' out there right now claiming to give 300 bhp...although time will tell how much longevity has been affected.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
not sure why they would feel the need to lie tbh, they are pushing it and pushing it till they see what fails and what the engine will withstand.

im sure they could sell someone a 12k fully forged engine build for 400bhp but why not do your development first so you can offer the customer the desired power for as cheaply as possible while still offering the reliability.

im sure they would be willing to discuss details with anyone interested http://sitechracing.co.uk/

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Peron and Sitech are running big turbos etc and are running around 320 on stock internals at 8k revs to see how long it will last.its still lasting so far....

edit: Just seen you mentioned it was Sitech

Astra VXR NBG ED
Is the S4 understeering or is it taking a wider line to get the car straight to accelerate quicker? Wheels don't look like they are at the angle where they are understeering, I could be wrong mind.

McGherkin

Macca fan boiiiii
ClioSport Club Member
At 5 mins 38 he clearly follows you and passes with ease.

Yes, but he stayed at 70 in that lap whereas the S4 kept going. The rest of the video was shot at '70'.

OP, What was your best laptime by the way? I think we should see that strip of DC on the F1 calendar next year.