ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stance

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Clio ph1
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
image_zps0119155d.jpg

[/FONT]
image_zps968869f0.jpg

thinking of stance
want to take off stickers and tow strap and getting coilovers and dropping it a lot and adding camber and spacers I don't know a lot about stance I think its what I'm going for I'm not to sure please can some one give me a bit of info about stance please ?? :)

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Your going to ruin your car.

Take the stickers off, tow strap off.

Put the coke can in the bin and keep the car clean.

Its tidy enough as it is.

Audi A5
Nout wrong with lowering, spacers and camber imo. Just keep in subtle.

Looks to be lowered already, no?

Definitely drop it on its arse

But no camber, don't think it'll suit clio's

Get some nice alloys, streched tyres, loose the towstrap and colour the front strip blue

Perfect imo, but i love low cars :p

Focus st170
Stance is pretty simple slam it on nice wide wheels with stretched tyres. You can't really drive a stanced car fast so your bucket seats will be pretty pointless. If I drove mine fast the tyres would rub and the car used to slide a lot. Stanced card are fun to drive around you have to aviod every bump and pothole there is and the look on people's faces when your car scrapes is pretty funny. My car is no longer stances tho as the ride was getting unbearable and I missed the ability to throw the car into a corner and come out the other side in one peace.
Pik of how it used to look.
use6_zps9de42abb.png

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Do the bucket seats and harnesses imply you like to drive your car fast in the twisties?
If so you might regret totally ruining the handling by slamming it on cheap coilovers etc.

Or was the "because racecar" thing just another fashion phase you were going through before the stance one?

I assume you have discussed the insurance cost implications of the mods already with your current insurer?

^^

As Chip says deffo check with your insurance!

Mine wanted £110 for coilovers to be added! got shocks & lowering springs instead as they only wanted £90.... But it pushed it back a week, as i needed that insurance money

PB Clio 172
image_zps0119155d.jpg

image_zps968869f0.jpg

thinking of stance
want to take off stickers and tow strap and getting coilovers and dropping it a lot and adding camber and spacers I don't know a lot about stance I think its what I'm going for I'm not to sure please can some one give me a bit of info about stance please ?? :)

not sure why but you have a can of Coke by your wheel? is this meant to look cool or something

PB Clio 172
Because otherwise how would you know that it's slammed to a mere 5" off the ground? LOL

either that or the bloody bin men haven't been round again! nuts !!

maybe we should all post pics of our cars with our favourite drinks next to the wheels! yeah bruv!

Clio ph1
The coke can was not ment to be in the pic but I had just backed to black my doors and was sat there forgot to move it haha :/

It really isn't (or rather wasn't).. I'd happily drive that every day.
If max power was still going people would be grabbing tissues over that car! And I hate the whole sheep "everyone has a track car so I have to" attitude ;)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
It really isn't (or rather wasn't).. I'd happily drive that every day.
If max power was still going people would be grabbing tissues over that car! And I hate the whole sheep "everyone has a track car so I have to" attitude ;)

There are certainly plenty of people on here who build a car "because racecar is cool" etc and then rush into things they think look good in pictures like cages or plastic windows or cheap but shiney coilovers or 4 pots while neglecting stuff like track rod ends or decent tyres etc or a diff to make it handle properly, but there are also a lot of us who just build cars to use them and with mods because that actually improve the cars performance or driving experience and no other reason than that.

There are certainly plenty of people on here who build a car "because racecar is cool" etc and then rush into things they think look good in pictures like cages or plastic windows or cheap but shiney coilovers or 4 pots while neglecting stuff like track rod ends or decent tyres etc or a diff to make it handle properly, but there are also a lot of us who just build cars to use them and with mods because that actually improve the cars performance or driving experience and no other reason than that.

LOL crap dig.. and nothing to do with what I was saying.
What I was saying is there are also some people who build cars because it improves their looks and then just tootle round in them showing them off - and Laurens old car was bang on for that. It looked epic. I'd of cruised round in it at 20mph everywhere like it was 2002 again!
It's one of the reasons why I really like the impreza's that are smoothed, eurod and slammed on their arse. Because it looks cool as f**k and pisses off people who think every car has to be epic round the ring or they're a waste of time.

It's not all about making a car handle or drive better ;)

Isn't that Lauren's old car? Milo(?)

Yes it is. Wish I'd bought it :(

DCI100
this is my version of stance. it doesn't have to be all massive lows. when i had the front lower it ruined the handling and breaking so raised it up an inch or so.

DSC_0006_zps2d10ba99.jpg

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Depends what stance you want, the above ^ I'd say is a sensible - ish sporty stance, for sc3n3 stance for shows and stuff it has got to be on bags for me, static just doesn't do it as well (IMHO). If bags were the same price as middle range coilovers, no would who is chasing stance points would touch coilovers.

Status
Not open for further replies.