ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

stand alone ECU and wiring. what you got?

RuskiWeldFab

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, RS4 B7
Hey guys.\
After having some minor imoboliser Setbacks haha been trying to convince myself that i DONT need standalone ECU and wiring and custom interior loom but my brain says one thing and heart goes the other way. or vise versa who cares. #BECAUSERACECAR
so been looking at kits to make my life a little easier, what you guys think of this? http://www.pure-motorsport.co.uk/clio-2-ph2172/clio-2-ph2172-engine/dta-s40-wiring-loom.html
anyone run it?

or Omex600 was another contender.

172 Ph1
I’m running an ME221 setup , uses the OE loom , not really what your looking for as your having loom issues .

The omex ecu’s & looms that I’ve fitted in the past , I’ve done omex ecu spliced in to OE loom and I’ve done Race Loom fitment also , and obviously the race loom is far easier to work with .
Again I kinda mixed the two looms as it was a road going car and needed all its bits and Bobs like sensors and gauges to work .

For you i guess you’d be doing the custom loom job as it’s #BecauseRaceCar .

RuskiWeldFab

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, RS4 B7
Yeah want to get rid of the problematic UCH all together! Even tho, that car will be road legal, it will only be on the road to and from the track so don’t need any creature comforts like cold start, etc.. have you ever come across S40 ECU kit for Pure? The link above

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RuskiWeldFab

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, RS4 B7
Good luck getting rid of the uch. Even with standalone, it's not easy.
I also have ME221

Why do you say that? It will be if you bin the lot and run things like lights, turn signals, wipers etc on custom wirring. Stand alone will control the rest. Correct me if I am wrong. Please

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
I had the immobiliser issues and brought the Gen90, plugged it in and it started right up.
Thought I’d mention it incase you decide to save some cash as I was looking at custom loom etc before taking the chance with the Gen90

RuskiWeldFab

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, RS4 B7
I had the immobiliser issues and brought the Gen90, plugged it in and it started right up.
Thought I’d mention it incase you decide to save some cash as I was looking at custom loom etc before taking the chance with the Gen90

Hahah I litteraly sold Gen90 that I had and was planning to install before went turbo...

Sigmamark

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 530 Touring
I run an Omex 600 in my race car. Anything else I need (fuel pump, brake lights, rain light, wiper and headlights) are wired separately.

RuskiWeldFab

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, RS4 B7
I run an Omex 600 in my race car. Anything else I need (fuel pump, brake lights, rain light, wiper and headlights) are wired separately.

That’s the set up I am thinking :) just not sure on the ECU. Yet. The pure-Motosport one is very appealing because of the included harness. What harness do you have?

RuskiWeldFab

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, RS4 B7
Hahah I litteraly sold Gen90 that I had and was planning to install before went turbo...

Oh haha. Will Gen90 not run turbo?

It sure would :) but it was collecting dust. And since my turbo came with piggy back controller, I thought for now (before I go high boots forged engine) I’ll run with stock ECU

Sigmamark

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 530 Touring
That’s the set up I am thinking :) just not sure on the ECU. Yet. The pure-Motosport one is very appealing because of the included harness. What harness do you have?

I’ve got an Omex custom loom, which just runs the unit with ITBs. I bought the unit complete with the loom, which was originally piggy backed onto the stock ecu, but when the race team fitted the unit, they cut the original looms out and threw them in the bin!

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
Dta S40 on my car, get rid of everything and start again, easiest way. Obviously that loom that nick at Pure motorsport does is just the engine loom you’ll still Need to re-do everything else. One other thing is you’ll need a new dash/instruments as the oe won’t work without the uch and Ecu.
All electrics live under here now and dta is under the scuttle.
Russ
3479E134-3160-4780-86DD-5CC9BC0412CF.jpeg
1E9E653F-53B8-4B8E-AF03-5483128ACCAF.jpeg

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Dta S40 on my car, get rid of everything and start again, easiest way. Obviously that loom that nick at Pure motorsport does is just the engine loom you’ll still Need to re-do everything else. One other thing is you’ll need a new dash/instruments as the oe won’t work without the uch and Ecu.
RussView attachment 1366547View attachment 1366548
Hardly the easiest way.

I just bought an me221 plug and play ecu. Unplug old ecu, fit me221...easiest way :)

Clio 172 Cup
Im looking at fitting my DTA S40, im guessing ill need to rewire all switches, rev counter etc again

RuskiWeldFab

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, RS4 B7
RussView attachment 1366547View attachment 1366548

Thanks for this. Thinking cartek pcp + dash2.
What you running for the Dash?
You mind if I drop you a PM if I decide to go that route? Cheers

172 Ph1
Dann2707 - when you plugged in your me221 did you do any setting changes or just fire it up?

If it’s been run in another car , it’ll prob run straight away .

If it’s a brand new unit , the base map will need loading along with the firmware . Then it’s off to the mappers after that .