ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard brake life - your experiences

How long did/have the brakes lasted on your 1*2?

I'm on 31k and the ns/f is grinding badly, possibly need the os/f doing too.

Is it me or is that a little low?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
If it's grinding it sounds like you're braking on the backing plates which is likely to mean you have no brakes at all, and are screwing your discs too.

I'd recommend the next time you drive it, you take it straight to somewhere where they can make your car safe again.

LY 182
dont think its that low it depends how you drive! cant be that low when bought my 1.2 it was on 29k and the pads were under 1mm thick and the discs were completely slaughtered

CB600FS
I've just replaced the DS2500s in mine after 2.5k. That includes one ring trip thought and it gets abused a bit.

I've seen a Rover 75 on original front and rear brake pads at 110k though, even then the discs gave up before the pads, even if they where about 90% worn.

If it's grinding it sounds like you're braking on the backing plates which is likely to mean you have no brakes at all, and are screwing your discs too.

I'd recommend the next time you drive it, you take it straight to somewhere where they can make your car safe again.
Yep, I figured as much. Luckily it's booked in @ RSTuning on Monday. I will be driving very gingerly! It sounded terrible on Friday on the way home, just hope it hasn't affected the discs yet.

Well had to get the discs done as well as they were screwed, but they told me they usually change them with the pads anyway. Sounds much better now :)

VRS
i'm on 30k with mine, the pads and discs still have some life left in them but they have lost the 'bite' they used to have so im changing them and doing the lines and fluid as well whilst im at it