ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard Evo 6 - Just how quick

Between 13 and 14psi.

My mate had one he bought just to sell on. He used to have a scooby, and he took the Gti-R out and said the difference between the two handling wise is immense. Gti-R is miles better than a scooby in that department..

LOL! actually the scooby is a better handling car than the GTiR which are known to be crap in the handling department.
The GTiRs need serious upgrades to be anywhere near as competetive as the cosworth, evo, subarus out there, they are actually the black sheep of the performance family as they came with 14 inch alloys as standard and nissan micra type tyres, need i say more?

Tony

This Gti-R was seriousally modded.

The lads had an WRX and the Gti-R. His oppinion was that the Gti-R was miles better...

no.....the GTiR is an awfully bad handling car! its so front heavy that understeer is not the right word...maybe nosteer.

Im sure if you took a drive in this car you would change your mind. Maybe not towards all Gti-Rs, but to this example certainly!

Getting back to the Evo, mine did 60-100 in 6.8 seconds, which was pretty quick really.

Over a varied route, especially in pouring rain, I dont think there have been many cars mass produced ever that are faster.

Awesome. Awesome fuel consumpton, service, tyres, and ride quality as well though, lol!

Just back from trax where i had 2 track sessions, and all i can say is wow! Great fun! Only went off once onto the grass (sideways!) Also did a 0-60 sprint and got a 5.1 (mine is standard btw)

Well the GTI-R is not as good a handler as the Scooby, but it sure is faster! But it still aint bad. There were a number of times that it surprised me at how good it actually was. Thats 4WD for you tho!