ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard stereo won’t allow the code.

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
I’ve just picked up a standard stereo and plugged it in. It’s clearly got power because I managed to eject a CD and it beeps when I press buttons.

But the display is blank and won’t come up with CODE so I can enter in the code.
I’ve read it may be locked but left it with the ignition on for over 30mins but nothing changed.

Any thoughts?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I think, and I could be wrong, but if you fit an update list stereo into a car that originally had a tuner list and vice versa, the screen doesnt work?

Could be wrong

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
I think, and I could be wrong, but if you fit an update list stereo into a car that originally had a tuner list and vice versa, the screen doesnt work?

Could be wrong

And therefore there is no way of entering the code??

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
Bugger. Any idea how you tell the difference?

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
If it was the wrong radio for the year it usually comes up with err

Try holding 5 and 3 for 30 seconds when the ignition is on. This usually opens the menu and allows it to test for a few minutes before needing the code again. It might be 5 and 2 if its not 5 and 3

And are you sure that the top display bulbs haven't gone? Mine used to go all the time in my old dCi until I went for LED's😂

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
If it was the wrong radio for the year it usually comes up with err

Try holding 5 and 3 for 30 seconds when the ignition is on. This usually opens the menu and allows it to test for a few minutes before needing the code again. It might be 5 and 2 if its not 5 and 3

And are you sure that the top display bulbs haven't gone? Mine used to go all the time in my old dCi until I went for LED's😂

Im not 100% sure but the clock and temp are visible.
I’ll try the reset!! Ta!

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Im not 100% sure but the clock and temp are visible.
I’ll try the reset!! Ta!
No worries, if not then you might have to swap the bulbs around and see if that does anything

Have you got another head unit to hand or be able to borrow one to make sure its not just that that's fried?

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
The aftermarket one I pulled out worked fine. And the unit is getting power as it ejects CD’s and beeps a lot when pressing buttons.
I’ll try the reset thing and see how we go.
Appreciate your help.

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
So I’ve tried the 5 and 2 and 5 and 3 reset and nothing’s changed.
It’s a Tuner list unit. My car is a 55 plate. Anyone know which version it should have come with??

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
Looks like the nasty Sony will be going back in tomorrow.
There’s loads on fleabay.

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
Theres one without a code, all the so called free code sites seem to want my money. I assume there must be a way of getting a code without parting with ££?

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Theres one without a code, all the so called free code sites seem to want my money. I assume there must be a way of getting a code without parting with ££?

I have an app on my phone which scans for the code. If you send a picture of the bar code on side of the stereo I reckon I could get code for you. Sure there are some free sites too.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Aye if you're an Alpha male and have an android then you'll be able to get a free app for codes

Screenshot_20200701-213341_One UI Home.jpg

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
There is an app in Apple store for Renault radio codes

It’s free to download and use

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
On the hunt for another stereo, the stereo in the RS models wasn’t unique was it?

Ive found one from a 1.4, looks the same to me.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
On the hunt for another stereo, the stereo in the RS models wasn’t unique was it?

Ive found one from a 1.4, looks the same to me.

If it's from a Clio then yes they're the same - just be careful it's not from a megane or laguna as they're not as wide.

The 1.4 one will probably be better as it wont have the dreaded sticky finish to it.

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
If it's from a Clio then yes they're the same - just be careful it's not from a megane or laguna as they're not as wide.

The 1.4 one will probably be better as it wont have the dreaded sticky finish to it.

Cheers pal. 👍