ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard Suspension Or Cheap Coilovers?

172 Cup
I'm going to need to change the shocks and springs on my Cup and I'm looking for some advice about what to get.

I can't decide between going for Sportlines and new OEM shocks all round or going for a set of the cheap coilovers that Ktec are currently selling.

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=4081&appid=2

It's going to be about £325 for the Sportlines and OEM shocks or £240 for the coilovers so a fair price difference.

I don't drive the car particularly hard and it might be getting used for a track day or two but is mainly going to be my daily driver.

Any suggestions?

172 Cup
Just an update in this.

Went for standard shocks and Eibach springs in the end. Fitted them today.

I could never understand why the handling felt so bad on the car until I pulled it apart today. Turns out that I had two different springs on the back end. One with a white and yellow mark and one without. The one with the marking is about an inch shorter than the other one!!
This combined with a leaking rear shock and as of last week a broken front spring send to have combined to destroy the handling.

Just taken it out for a quick run with the new suspension fitted and it's totally transformed. It's like a different car!