ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard tyre pressures mk2 172

Focus Tit Est & R26
What are the standard front and rear tyre pressures for a mk2 172 16" wheels?
i dont have the sticker inside the door opening that normally gives the info

Does it not state on the tyre? most play with the tyre pressures to suit them and their driving style etc.

I do the same as monkeyknifefight above

WRX
Tyres usually only state max pressure on them. Recommended pressures are manufacturer specified. Don't think it would be that comfy at 50psi lol.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Think there is much difference between 33 and 32 on the front and say 30 on the rear?

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
I typically put it to 30 on the front as with suspension set up I have it understeers. Keep rears at factory recommendations.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Smarty pants lol. Genuine question btw. Is there going to be any noticeable between 33/32, can't really see it myself, just curious

WRX
Hardly noticeable on road really, placebo effect I'd say. Don't think any of us can say we could tell how much is in a tyre off the top of our heads. Have to be about 3 or 4 psi down before most would know if we're honest. If you are giving it a genuine 100% balls out track thrash, then you might feel it. Our genuine racers would probably feel it but not the majority. Sure a would be hero will disagree lol. I've heard that certain race teams, when looking for a new driver will do this type of test to see how much they notice the difference, to compare one driver to another.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I didn't think there would be a noticeable difference tbh. Like you say def a placebo effect

Clio 197
The handbook suggests 33/30 for normal use. I notice that the RS clio is very sensitive to tyre pressure changes e.g if you drop some pressure in a tyre its immediately noticeable (more so than any of my previous cars I have driven)

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I noticed mine felt a bit floaty so checked the pressures and I was 27 psi up front so put it up to 33 feels fine now.

Audi A5
2.3 front 2.1 in the back is std pressures for 1*2's. cups are a little less but can't remember.

i usually put my pressures up abit to give me a little better mpg as I'm not driving that hard in day to day driving anyway.

when I'm on a track day though, I bring the pressures down to about 1.7 all round and then check them as soon as I get I'm the pits and keep them around 1.9 all round.