ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard Valver Alarm

Hi , ive got a standard alarm on my valver,which doesnt actually work and was just wondering how i can disconnect it as every now and again my hazards just start flashing when im driving and the horn beeps when it wants too !! :oops: Also u see the red led flashing up near the interior light , as if the alarm is tryna work ?

Where the screen wash is there is a key hole which i assume is to turn the alarm off but the keys i got wont turn it they just bend ! So any ideas how i can dissconnect the alarm from the hazards and horn ?

Cheers

You should have a small, all metal key that fits in the lock in the roof of the glovebox. I think this is supposed to turn it off. The one under the bonnet is just for the siren I think?

the one in the glovebox is for the immobiliser mate. in the engine bay is the main turn off for the alarm iirc.

Dean is right the key hole for the alarm is in the same conpartment as the washer bottle,

have a word with your local renault parts department, give them your chassis number and oval plate number and they should(if someone done their paper work right when the car was registered) be able to get a replacement key, you may have to tkae your log book with you to prove ownership,

hope this helps

Dave

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

remove the siren,find the ecu and unplug it.with the alarm being that old you may not be able to get keys for it anymore.i know for definate you cant get spare parts anymore for some older alarms.