ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard

Renault Clio
My new car just arrived and I've taken some better pictures of it to show you. It's completely standard. I've just took the side repeaters off and sprayed them black, they're drying now. That was one of the small mods I had on my old car and I definitely wanted to do it again.

The goal is to keep this one longer than 3 weeks! ;)

newcar1.png

newcar2.png

newcar3.png

Here are my plans for the outside...

* RS grille (ordered)
* 172 alloys
* Megane splitter
* Black side repeaters (spraying them right now)
* Black badges (not sure about doing this)
* New number plates
* Flat wiper blades
* Silvervisions
* CTR ariel
* Lowering
* Dynamique spoiler (possibly)

Does anyone know how to fix down the rubber strip around the windscreen? It's coming off on the top two corners. I think it happens to all Clios because it happened to my last one too.

Also on the last picture you'll see that the rear wiper blade (that needs replacing) isn't completely straight, anyone know why and how to fix it?

Cheers! :)

DCi 100
The top seal on the windscreen is because it's further to one side than the other eh? So the corner clip in bit doesn't stay down.

You mean the rear wiper idle's at an angle? Pretty sure you can just loosen the bolt under the cap, move it alittle then tighten back up, replacing the cap, should sort where it is but will take distance off the other side of the swing.

Looks nice anyway, wheels are kinda funny with the huge donut tires :)

Renault Clio
I know, the wheels are ridiculous. I wanted to buy a car that already had the wheels I wanted, or at least the Dynamique alloys, but my mom was banging on about how I shouldn't miss a bargain just because it doesn't have the right wheels :p

I'll change them in about a month after I've broken my 3-week record.

Renault Clio
Does anyone know where I can get cheap silvervisions? I really don't want to pay £20 for the front and back at Halfords. 4 bulbs for £20? It's a joke.

Same with the CTR ariel, I got my last one for £3 from Curley, and then someone tried to charge me £12 on here a few days ago! :p

I'm thinking about buying these wiper blades for the front and rear. What do you think?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Renault-Clio-...s_SM?hash=item334cc20a73&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Do those look just the same as the flat blades that everyone has on this forum?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Rear-Wipe...s_SM?hash=item3354a2247f&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

What about this? Will this fit my Expression?

Thanks for any help.

120d M Sport
I'd be looking to pick up a 172 cup or dynamique interior, they go for pretty cheap! Saves you experiencing what Martin172 describes as the "handbrake up the arse" under hard cornering from the terrible seats the Expression has.

320d
I agree with interior comments. When I was after my first Clio I wouldn't consider an expression because of the seats.

Will look good when all your plans are carried out though mate. Hope you have better luck with this one.

Renault Clio
Thanks. I'm going to work on the outside first though. The guy who I ordered my RS grille from is away until the 8th Septemeber (funny how they don't mention that until after you buy) so I won't be getting that for about a week. I fitted one of my black side repeaters today but the other one had a bit of orange left on it that I didn't notice so I've had to spray that again. I'm going to order my flat wiper blades in a minute and look for a CTR ariel. I'm doing the little mods first at the moment. I can't drive the car until tomorrow because I'm waiting for my insurance certificate to come so that I can tax it. Once I can drive it I'll have a drive to Halfrauds and pick up some silvervisions and have a look round some scrappies for a splitter.

It's funny how I took almost identical pictures...

Old car

new1a.png

New car

newcar2.png

It's funny how a black diamond and an RS grille can make such a difference! :p Oh well, the new one will look like that soon. Shame the new one isn't colour coded though.

Last edited:
  Renault Clio
Just ordered a pair of flat wiper blades for the front, a new wiper blade for the back (the one I've got at the moment isn't very good) and silver visions. Can't get new number plates until the log book arrives.

Renault Clio
I'm not sure whether to leave all of my badges chrome, spray them all black or spray them all anthracite. What do you think?

3 Series touring
look for aceparts on ebay .. silver indicator bulbs £4.95 deliverd when i bought them

Renault Clio
Aceparts are s**te, got soo many bulbs from there that go after a ridiculously short period of time.

Everyone else that I've spoken too today about them says that they're fine! And I've already ordered them now ;)

I think I'm leaning towards grey badges.

Clio 1.2 Expression
Heres my expression, this pic might give you a better idea even though mines silver. It has the megane splitter, 3/4 reg, silvervisions, rs grille and sprayed diamond.

Attachments

• IMG_0084.jpg
    IMG_0084.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 32
  Renault Clio
Everything that I need for the front end is nearly all ordered. I'm going to order plain standard size plates from fancyplates.com tonight.

* Black side repeaters (done)

* RS grille (ordered)
* Number plates (will be ordered tonight)
* Flat wiper blades and rear wiper blade (ordered)
* Silvervisions (ordered)

* 172 alloys
* Megane splitter (got to find one from a scrappy tomorrow)
* Lowering
* Dynamique spoiler
* Black or anthracite badges all round
* CTR ariel (need to find one)
* Wing mirrors colour coded

It's going well :)