ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Starfield

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
No thread yet. Very surprising!
Anyone playing?

Don’t know if I’m doing something wrong, but it hasn’t captured my attention much.

Seen a few videos online suggesting you need to put 10 hours or so into it before it starts getting enjoyable.

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
I picked it up last night on game pass on the Xbox. We got the premium version for my bro for his birthday and he's loved it.

I'm used to games like Destiny so the controls are weird, but it's entertaining me so far.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Played a few hours and it's just a bit guff!

Can't get into it at all. I've been playing Baldurs Gate 3 so the Starfield story seems very weak in comparison

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Just downloaded it to see what performance was like, it's actually not as bad as I thought it would be. Still only 30+ fps on medium but I can live with that, it's not trying to be Counter Strike after all. I do need to change one of the files to increase the FOV because it's like playing through a pair of binoculars, and I need to lower the mouse sensitivity drastically, but it plays smoothly enough. No idea about the storyline yet as I've only just got out of the starting area but it doesn't seem particularly terrible to me

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Been messing around with settings and mods to try and improve performance a bit, with mixed results. I installed a performance enhancement mod and lower resolution textures, and basically got no improvement in performance whatsoever 😂
Messing around with settings was a bit more productive, by running most things on high and setting FSR to 75% resolution the game looks better than native medium and runs about the same. Still runs like absolute arse for the level of visual fidelity though, I genuinely don't know how they've managed to make it run so poorly. I'm just glad I didn't pay for it 🤣

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Picked it up and so far it’s been pretty enjoyable, would have liked a bit more involvement in taking off, flying, landing etc rather than just hitting X.
Graphics are disappointing for a not very old PC but hopefully actual optimisation will arrive or maybe I’ll have to upgrade. In the meantime will need to further tinker with settings as only getting 50-60fps on medium 😭

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I’m unsure so far. Where fallout felt like you could go anywhere, this feels like you have a massive sandbox, but split up by loading screens and cut scenes.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I'm playing on a series x, so not a high end PC, but it looks s**t imo, no idea what fps it is running at but it's not great at all.

Anyway, I got killed by pirates and as above got frustrated by not being able to do fun things like take off and land so I turned it off for now.

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I'm running it on a GTX 1080 and getting about 30-50 depending on environment etc. Empty space seems to be the worst though, which doesn't make any sense to me. It has the least amount of stuff to render but tanks the frame rate as low as 22 at times 🤔

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I'm playing on a series x, so not a high end PC, but it looks s**t imo, no idea what fps it is running at but it's not great at all.

Anyway, I got killed by pirates and as above got frustrated by not being able to do fun things like take off and land so I turned it off for now.
It'll be running at 30fps, with variable resolution to keep it locked there.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Yeah I got duped by the graphics in the trailer.
My poor little 2070, I’ll just blame thermal throttling as it’s been so hot this week…

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
One other gripe, you can’t break down misc items. I’m programmed to hoard desk fans and sticky tape from Fallout.
I'm pretty sure there's a mod to overhaul the inventory to make it easier to work out what you should keep and what you should discard.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
You're fooling nobody 😂

RGB says otherwise…

1694375629268.jpeg

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I was initially jealous not having an Xbox, but then I realised this is from the same company who made Fallout... and man I hated that game! So couldn't care less any more. Looks stunning visually though.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
It's pretty much Fallout in space, I've got about 15 hours play time in now, it's not perfect but I like it and will be playing it a lot for the foreseeable future.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Are you playing via the cloud or have you downloaded it?

If downloaded it's 4K @ 30fps on Series X, if playing with cloud gaming it's lower resolution and lower frame rate with more lag.

Doesn't look s**t on my Series X and LG OLED TV though 🤷‍♂️

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Are you playing via the cloud or have you downloaded it?

If downloaded it's 4K @ 30fps on Series X, if playing with cloud gaming it's lower resolution and lower frame rate with more lag.

Doesn't look s**t on my Series X and LG OLED TV though 🤷‍♂️
Downloaded, Series x, LG CX.

I'm just underwhelmed I guess, and I was pissed that I had basically no ammo and got killed by pirates.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Downloaded, Series x, LG CX.

I'm just underwhelmed I guess, and I was pissed that I had basically no ammo and got killed by pirates.
Underwhelmed in what way, graphics, gameplay, story, etc?

You'll soon get better guns and more ammo.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Underwhelmed in what way, graphics, gameplay, story, etc?

You'll soon get better guns and more ammo.
Graphics and gameplay.

I think the first thing that stood out was the boss woman's face in the initial part. Just didn't look great compared to other games detail wise. Then gameplay just felt like lots of loading rather than doing as said earlier.

Will give it another go, I think I probably had high expectations because of the build up.

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Played it, got overwhelmed, didn't know what I was doing and gave up.
I get like this sometimes with games, but this is where having a younger brother who has already smashed through it comes in hancy, as he's like a physical version of Google.

I'm enjoying it, and the last couple of evenings I have sunk about 7 hours into it! 🤣
Stumbled across the Mantis mission too last night quite early on into my adventure (according to Brother Google).
I crave more carrying space though.

Clio
I get like this sometimes with games, but this is where having a younger brother who has already smashed through it comes in hancy, as he's like a physical version of Google.

I'm enjoying it, and the last couple of evenings I have sunk about 7 hours into it! 🤣
Stumbled across the Mantis mission too last night quite early on into my adventure (according to Brother Google).
I crave more carrying space though.
This is where I got......
Research objective - no idea how to figure that out - gave up
Some side mission to study fauna, flora and minerals - Randomly did a few minerals I think, no idea how to do the others - gave up
Kept banging on about radiation and hypothermia - tried looking at my suits etc, realised I didn't understand what anything I was carrying wearing meant - gave up
Upgrading - Same as research - gave up
Fighting - million hits - 6 dead - gave up
Skill points - added points, didn't understand it fully - gave up

apart from that really enjoyed it.

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
Went and bought an xbox for this after watching some trailers. Good game and enjoying it so far (4 hours in). As above though the shooting is a bit annoying, running out of ammo all the time with the amount of shots being fired!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Ok, it’s really quite good.

The game doesn’t teach you much, so takes a good while to get into. The spaceship builder, for example, may as well be in Spanish to me.

Enjoying it though!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Graphics and gameplay.

I think the first thing that stood out was the boss woman's face in the initial part. Just didn't look great compared to other games detail wise. Then gameplay just felt like lots of loading rather than doing as said earlier.

Will give it another go, I think I probably had high expectations because of the build up.
It was massively hyped, the graphics are good but not mind blowing, however there's lots of detail and every small object/thing is done well, but then the NPC's look a bit lifeless, which lets it down slightly.

Gameplay wise, the loading screens can be frequent depending on what you're doing, but they're pretty fast, it's not like GTA5 where you could go make a brew LOL.