ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Starting Problems (Battery related)

Corsa Van. Meh.
Now the cold weather has drawn in my car seems to have trouble starting in the mornings. It cranks but seems to drop power, then it will go. I never had this problem in the summer. Starting to get annoying at it's resetting the auto lights and trip every morning.

I have a race battery under the passenger seat so am making the assumption the cold has affected it in some way, or is it just likely the battery needs replacing?

I don't really want to have to re-locate the battery to the boot with a normal sized battery if I don't have to.

Any advice would be good.

Matt

Hi mate im exactly in the same posistion as you as i have an oddesey race battery mounted under the passenger seat bolted to the floor wioth a tray.

I think its the freezing cold conditions and the cold comin through the floor and freezing the battery up (draining?) as my car wont turn over at all now, so ive taken the battery out and took it in the house to give it abit of warmth then will take it back tothe car and hook it up and try turn the car over.

before i removed it it seemd to just click and then not enugh power to crank it over.

i maye have to buy a battery trickle of it doesnt fire over after warming it up in the house.

Jap Box
Mine was rough starting this morning, found out its due to my headunit continueously drawing power from the battery though when the faceplace is on, the cold has somehow made it turn on the screen even when the keys are out of the car, it wont play music but it powers up the backlight for the faceplate.

I did put it down to just cold to begin until I noticed the headunit playing up tonight.

Corsa Van. Meh.
Hi mate im exactly in the same posistion as you as i have an oddesey race battery mounted under the passenger seat bolted to the floor wioth a tray.

I think its the freezing cold conditions and the cold comin through the floor and freezing the battery up (draining?) as my car wont turn over at all now, so ive taken the battery out and took it in the house to give it abit of warmth then will take it back tothe car and hook it up and try turn the car over.

before i removed it it seemd to just click and then not enugh power to crank it over.

i maye have to buy a battery trickle of it doesnt fire over after warming it up in the house.

Exactly how mine is mate. Can't really keep mine on a trickle due to living in a flat, a bit of a ball ache taking the battery out the car every night and then putting it back in at 6am when I go to work. Mines actually a Varley battery. Same CCA as a Odyssey 25 so no real point changing it for one of them. I think I am just going to put a normal battery in the boot. I'm fed up of my trip being reset.