ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Starts and cuts out

Renault Kangoo 1.2
Hello all,
I have a kangoo 1.2 16v in for repair its a non starter. We are getting fuel, spark and immo has been bypassed before. The problem is the car will just turn over and over, if you try it twice in quick secession it will fire for 2 seconds and cut out again. We have changed the coil, TDC sensor. All earth points are good and relays check out ok. Pump is priming. The last thing we are going to look at is the throttlebody which I cant hear on ignition, its should try and stroke once ignition is on? Would a faulty throttlebody cause a non start?

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
Not yet no. Compression test next. The car just stopped on the motorway had been driving fine. That throttlebody should make a stroke on ignition shouldn' it?

When the ignition is first turned on you should hear a slight noise, and the butterfly should adjust a little ready for start up.

Renault Kangoo 1.2
When the ignition is first turned on you should hear a slight noise, and the butterfly should adjust a little ready for start up.
Cheers man.
Well it' not the throttlebody anyway. We are getting fuel but not sure if the pressure is right. I believe the pressure regulator is built into these pumps. I'l try sort a secondhand one. Failing that is has to be the ecu as it has been opened at some stage and wasn't sealed great after.