ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

std vs uprated brakes

Street Triple R

Hi guys,

Right, ive got a Cup which has some uprated front brakes, discs and pads which were like it when i bought it so ive never really driven, for any real distance, a Cup with std brakes

In my opinion the brakes are awesome as they are, when they get hot they feel great, plenty of feel and real stopping power when you need it, and never lock up at all

but.... they Squeeeeeeeeek like anything! its driving me mad!

so my question is basically, will i be better off going back to the std set up (how good are std cup brakes?) or just putting up with this squeek which is bloody annoying

Plenty of meat left on the brakes by the way, so its not is if its metal on metal or anything

E92 M3 Monte Carlo

I think standard 172 brakes are sh*te im upgrading to tarox track package its supposed to be spot on

Thats on problem with these uprated pads.
Sandard brakes are good for road use and track abuse it just depends how hard and late you leave it. Ive changed a set of stock pads which had done a few track days etc and the owner didnt have any trouble. However after driving a 182 on he track and doing a load of late braking they were useless however Im used to 4 pots.
Personally if I wanted better brakes on a car (which means its use on the track). Id get 4 pots etc. Its not cheap a about £400 but you dont suffer any noise. Im a wimp and wouldt accept the weekness read noise that hard pads offer even if they are good value.

DC5

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 04 August 2005

Our budget track kit squeals at slow speed + when cold

but hey theyre bloody good!!!
How much are your upgraded brake kits, on average?

Quote: Originally posted by Bezza4 on 04 August 2005
Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 04 August 2005Our budget track kit squeals at slow speed + when coldbut hey theyre bloody good!!![/QUOTE]How much are your upgraded brake kits, on average?

http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=6&TopicID=135927&SearchPagePosition=1&search=y0z2a+brake&searchMode=allwords&searchIn=Topic&forum=0&searchSort=dateDESC&ReturnPage=Search&ThreadPage=4Have a look here, this is them.

im running the samne 4pot kit as edde on my williams and didnt have any problems with them, on normal driving i get alot of squeeling but usualy cus i drive it steady on road, once i got on track they was quiet as! and not a drop of fade!

if u want serious brakes look at a 4pot kit of some sort

Street Triple R

so for general road driving as i dont do any track days in my car, would i be loosing much by going back to the standard Renault set up?

Quote: Originally posted by jongsr4 on 05 August 2005
so for general road driving as i dont do any track days in my car, would i be loosing much by going back to the standard Renault set up?

Id personally go back to the stock setup personlly unless your absolutly dedicated to killing the car on the road.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer

Std discs and DS2500 pads.

FAR FAR better than std, low dust (no more than std), brake great from cold and offer excellent braking performance you will not be disapointed.

Remapped derv Golf

What he said.........

Clio (2000-) DS2500 FCP406H 88.00

Id go back to the standard discs and get good pads. Seeing youre dad can get stuff trade and as cheap as chips.

Or are the pads what make them squeek?

I heard getting good hoses improves the standard brakes a bit.