ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

stealership rubbish i think.. what you think?

Clio 1.2 (progress)
Basically i went to my mates grage to day to get springs fitted to my car which never worked because i dont have a rear torsion bar which you can adjust i need 4 springs instead of 2 but anyway thats another story by its self, so we had it up on the ramp today and where looking at it, seem to be oil leeking from the engine gasket and also the break master cylinder hmmm so beign the car is only a 07 plate still with 3 years warrenty i took it back to the dealers and said can i have someone look at it, had some guy come out all he done was pop the hood bend down look at it say no looks bone dry to me mate its probably just the wax seal coating we put on our engines thats just melt, i was just like hmmm rite then ok :S i dont have a fookin clue about cars to be honest but i think this is bull s**t, in mind we had the car up on ramps to see this all he done was pop the hood and look from above. hmmm well what you guys think?
cheers for any replys much apprciated :) hope it all makes sense sort of in a rush to go work.

VX220 Turbo
keep checking your oil if it runs down quite drastically go back to the dealership keep a note of dates when you went in with the problem so you have proof you reported it to them beforehand if something major does go wrong

Clio 1.2 (progress)
good idea mate ;) they seem to be ok so i guess it might just be a wax protection around the gasket would sort of make sense, has anyone ever heard of this?

M2 Competition
If you want a definitive answer why not stick up for yourself and tell them what you told us... ?

(skip the modding bit as they'll grumble, but could always say it went to kwik-fit for an alignment check, and they noticed the leaks)

Basically i went to my mates grage to day to get springs fitted to my car which never worked because i dont have a rear torsion bar which you can adjust i need 4 springs instead of 2 but anyway thats another story by its self, so we had it up on the ramp today and where looking at it, seem to be oil leeking from the engine gasket and also the break master cylinder hmmm so beign the car is only a 07 plate still with 3 years warrenty i took it back to the dealers and said can i have someone look at it, had some guy come out all he done was pop the hood bend down look at it say no looks bone dry to me mate its probably just the wax seal coating we put on our engines thats just melt, i was just like hmmm rite then ok :S i dont have a fookin clue about cars to be honest but i think this is bull s**t, in mind we had the car up on ramps to see this all he done was pop the hood and look from above. hmmm well what you guys think?
cheers for any replys much apprciated :) hope it all makes sense sort of in a rush to go work.

take it to another renault dealership...as your one seems to be utterly useless...

Clio 1.2 (progress)
it was city motors in bristol just by brizlington, yeh im just going to take it to another dealership and see what they say as its sort of bugging me a little

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
City motors. Normally are pretty good i work for the other dealer S J Cook. both are the same company but we are normally good.