ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stealth Install guide

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
been asked by a few people so here it is

this is the most simple way to create a stealth install in a clio with a boot well

Image108.jpg

start with your standard boot, with all wiring already in place and strip it back of all carper sound deadenting etc

Image110.jpg

then to make your box
i use 18mm MDF as its easy to work with
Image114.jpg

Image117.jpg

obviously the box size will depend on the sub your using but there will be a maxiumum size because of the size of the well if your feeling adventerous you could make a hex shame box, or a fiberglass one, but imo thats a bit overkill and fiberglass will be an expensive and complicated way of doing it.

remember you can use fibre wadding inside a sealed box to create the illusion of a larger box should yours be a little under the reccomended size

Image118.jpg

then glue and screw the peices together, always best to use pilot holes for the screws else the mdf can split, use lots of no more nails, you dont want a leaky box.

Image123.jpg

check it fits ( for the metal spike in the middle of the floor, i drilled a hole in the bottom of the box exactly the same size, i will later seal around that using hot glue, this not only helps keep the box perfectly secure but also means you can return your boot to normal)

Image122.jpg

messy
Image124.jpg

Image125.jpg

add the lid, cut the sub hole and put in place

use your boot carpet to make a template for the new one
Image112.jpg

use a jigsaw to cut it out (you will need to work out where the sub box sits and cuta big hole for that)

Image127.jpg

taa daa

then the support beams need to go in, i used 6x4 timber. to allow free flowing air around where the amp will sit i used small peices of MDF to to sit the beams on for this

Image129.jpg

then the lid, same template as before, but rember this is the neat one :p
Image130.jpg

here you can go in 2 directions, either completely sealed lid , if so just get some high quality dark grey capted and glue it on making sure to pull it tight.

IMG_1865.gif

IMG_1898.gif

or you can make it so you can see the sub, if so you need to cut a hole over the sub box

Image132.jpg

you may wish to make the top of your box look a bit prettier :p

Image143.jpg

Image148.jpg

then you will need to put skirts around the hole to toutch the top of the sub box
Image152.jpg

and cover :p

DSCF1003.jpg

DSCF1001.jpg

and done ;)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
because a leaky box really really effects sound quality, the only event when a box doesnt need to be 100% sealed is if it is ported, but then port length/size are carefully calculated.

chimpboy, from halfords actually, found it to be the best match.

Focus RS Mk1
looks good, i'll be using this guide this coming weekend! excellent stuff, i think you should have trimmed the top of the sub box rather than paint it.

also i think that your top visable floor is too high, you said you made skirts for it. if you mounted that lower it owuld have looked a little nicer, but all depends on sub box/amp height too i guess.

think id try and make mine uber flush, look cool though, well done

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i didnt want it to sit flush as 1) i didnt want it to routch the top of my amp, 2) i wantd enough air circlulating and 3) i needed enough depth to put a board over the sub so i could use the boot as normal if needed, if it was any lower the sub would smash into the board and be ruined.

all thought of :p

Focus RS Mk1
i see your what your saying, still think you couldve got it a little lower and still have all those things you said. This is the exact things i want from mine also, will try and get pics up this weekend :) see how far we get :)

amp cooling isnt a problem. as long as air can escape you wont have problems.

looks good, i want something similar but was thinking of instead of the bars you have over the top, using perspex, would this affect the sound though as it would be sealed??

M135i
would it be possible to cover over the sub with glass or somthing see through so you could see the sub instead of having the 2 bars across ? n therefore still havin the sub on show

Focus RS Mk1
yes but that glass shouldnt be touching the sub nor should it restrict its airflow. possible though.

will have some starter pics of mine tomorrow. some good progress yesterday, gave up after a few hours though, was f**king dying in the heat!