ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steam - including latest offers

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Got to spend some monies soon to fill up my new PC.

Got Farcry3 for free on the way hopefully.

Cant decide if I want Hitman or not?? Going to get both the recent Fallouts too.

Whats Mass effect 2 like?

Mass Effect 2 is superb. Worth buying ME1 though and blitzing through - just so the characters and backdrop to ME2 make more sense.

Noticed that Borderlands 2 is on the sale at £14.99. Worth every single penny.....

D.

Nissan 350z
I managed to pickup the Skyrim DLC, Dawnguard and Hearthfire for under £9. Gives me an excuse to reinstall and continue my 100'ish hour character :D

F82 M4
Well, picked up Alan Wake and The Witcher 2. Heard good things about Witcher, never played the first one though. Think it's quite a hungry game so gives me the chance to properly test this system out. :)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Well, picked up Alan Wake and The Witcher 2. Heard good things about Witcher, never played the first one though. Think it's quite a hungry game so gives me the chance to properly test this system out. :)

It is m8. With all bells & whistles on, my SLi'd GTX460's barely creep out of single figures in terms of fps at 1920x1200.

D.

Evo 5 RS
If you leave ubersampling off its fine.

It's not really a practical option! something like 32x MSAA or something lol.

I managed to use it though. ;D. Well worth it if it's in the sale though, brilliant game.

F82 M4
It is m8. With all bells & whistles on, my SLi'd GTX460's barely creep out of single figures in terms of fps at 1920x1200.

D.

Just booted it up for a try. Ultra settings with UberSampling off I average 85fps with highs of 105. With UberSampling on I average 32fps with highs of 45. Massive mouse lag with the UberSampling though, even with V-Sync disabled.

Nothing at the mo :(
So what we got atm? Anything good? i recently picked up Farming Simulator 2013 for £9.99 a few weeks back when it was on 50% offer there.. it seems the offer is back on

DCi
just bought a couple of games and noticed -

you can now install games to the hard drive of your choice...

wooooooohoooooo

Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition is only a mere £2.49 at the minute. Well, well worth it if you've not tried it before.

D.
Cheers for the heads up, I'll get on this. Absolutely loved Arkham City but never got around to playing Asylum.

Got FTL, SPAZ and Torchlight 2 in the sales.

Only played FTL so far and gotten hopelessly addicted. What a cracking little game. Like a spaceship management game really. Proper nerdy thrills transferring more power to my shields, teleporting boarding parties onto the enemy ship and spending a fortune on a cloaking device. It's a game that you could run on an Amiga but it's still great fun. Quite refreshing from the likes of BF3, Skyrim etc etc. A huge bargain at £3.50 as well IMO.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Got FTL, SPAZ and Torchlight 2 in the sales.

Only played FTL so far and gotten hopelessly addicted. What a cracking little game. Like a spaceship management game really. Proper nerdy thrills transferring more power to my shields, teleporting boarding parties onto the enemy ship and spending a fortune on a cloaking device. It's a game that you could run on an Amiga but it's still great fun. Quite refreshing from the likes of BF3, Skyrim etc etc. A huge bargain at £3.50 as well IMO.

FTL is a cracking game - but I wish it could be just a 'tad' easier. It's very unforgiving and at times a little frustrating because of it. :)

D.

55 Clio 182, C2 VTS
I've been using Steam for years. Just got Arma 2 and the Operation Arrowhead expansion, mainly so I could play the Dayz mod which is excellent btw even if it is a tad buggy (what do you expect from a beta mod)

I fully expect to buy Arma 3 and the new Dayz thats touted as being released as a standalone game using the Arma 3 engine.

FTL is awesome, I dont own it myself but I played it at a friends house and was hooked in about 10mins.

172 Cup & K20 Ph1
Or maybe it can't make use of Crossfire? I don't know much about video drivers and how applications are able to make use of them. I have two pretty poor cards, together they are relatively good, but if just one then I suspect this is the root of my problems!