ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

steamy 182 cup

Picked up my 182 a few weeks ago and its been the most fun ive ever in a car. It handles like a gokart, is more than faster enough for road driving and looks the dogs. Only downer is the steep finance. Its in tempest blue (what the garage called it on their computer when i ordered it, i thought it was racing blue) with stripes. Mods i want to do are seats definately, viper induction perhaps and a less muted exhaust.

Just recently i noticed steam coming from the bonnet and the temp gauge is all over the place. I looked under the bonnet and theres like a white residue all over the pipes and surrounding places. Any ideas what this could be? It was only a week ago that i had the renault garage replace the temp sensor because it was not moving to half even when warmed up.

sounds to me like interference with ECU, first place it shows up is temp censor. Mine went doolally then the car conked out. Since then had it replaced and its fine.

dont want to get carried away but could be head gasket the white resedue would a mixture of oil and water......... HG would definitely affect the temp sensor

6/468 17poo

join up mate and become a member i think im the only one left in clacton now as Fatboys got his own website with williamss on!really,i havent seen any 182s except a spanking black one!ill look out for ya!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Yikes - Id agree with silvercup182 on this - it was the one dreaded sight I never wished to see everytime I lifted the bonnet on my GT. Thankfully, it never happened - if it is the gasket thats gone, at least you have the luxury of warranty cover!

D.