ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering all over the place...

Liquid Yellow 1.5DCi
Hey all, my car is getting right on my nerves at the mo, it's as if I'm constantly fighting the steering wheel to keep the car straight. When I go over bumps or a rut or even camber changes in the road the steering goes all over. I've tried everything I can think of, so thought I'd post on here just in case anyone has herd of the same thing.

Things tried... New inner tie rods and tie rod ends both sides, suspension top mounts changed, new bottom ball joints, inner arb's (power flex) outer arb's genuine new. Had 2 different geometry's done on it and theyre measuring everything within tolerance. the castor is slightly different on the o/s/f wheel, meaning that wheel is closer to the rear wheel than the passenger side wheel is. whether that would make much of a difference or not im not sure. The only thing I haven't yet tried is replacing the tyres as they're quite worn. I'd be surprised if they were the cause as its that bad.

Oh it's a 1.5dci with the manual rack/electric power steering pump on the column, lowered 35mm with 16imch cup alloys.

Any ideas would be great thanks!

Hey all, my car is getting right on my nerves at the mo, it's as if I'm constantly fighting the steering wheel to keep the car straight. When I go over bumps or a rut or even camber changes in the road the steering goes all over. I've tried everything I can think of, so thought I'd post on here just in case anyone has herd of the same thing.

Things tried... New inner tie rods and tie rod ends both sides, suspension top mounts changed, new bottom ball joints, inner arb's (power flex) outer arb's genuine new. Had 2 different geometry's done on it and theyre measuring everything within tolerance. the castor is slightly different on the o/s/f wheel, meaning that wheel is closer to the rear wheel than the passenger side wheel is. whether that would make much of a difference or not im not sure. The only thing I haven't yet tried is replacing the tyres as they're quite worn. I'd be surprised if they were the cause as its that bad.

Oh it's a 1.5dci with the manual rack/electric power steering pump on the column, lowered 35mm with 16imch cup alloys.

Any ideas would be great thanks!

Check wishbone bushes mate

Mines doing the same and I thought wishbones bushes straight away. New wishbones on eBay are cheap as chips.

Liquid Yellow 1.5DCi
Hmm changed the lower arms with genuine new Renault ones and its still the same. Grrr. Treated myself to a set of coil overs and new genuine top mounts. See whether that might help lol.

225 Cup & Williams
Mines doing the same and I thought wishbones bushes straight away. New wishbones on eBay are cheap as chips.

Won't be genuine renault ones though. The ones on eBay are cheap for a reason.

Have you changed the track rods and ends?

Liquid Yellow 1.5DCi
Won't be genuine renault ones though. The ones on eBay are cheap for a reason.

Have you changed the track rods and ends?

Renault ones with trade discount were £70 for both sides, rubber, bearing, top hat. Looks like a redesigned top mount to the ones that are on the car if i remember.

Yeah changed the inner track rods and put new ends on whilst I was there.