ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

steering clunking when cold

Trophy 263 + 265
hi guys
anyone else had problem with thier clio banging/clunking when cold whilst you rock the wheel back and forward when stationary?
my 182 has started doing this.
only does it when cold for about 10 seconds.
took it into renault but they couldnt find anything wrong.
you can also feel the bang through the wheel its that strong.
any ideas?
cheers lee

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
My mk2 phase 1 1.4 has started doing it last week. Only does it when stationery or moving very slow (like out of a parking space)

Chocolate Bar™
mine does this but its really not that bad. assumed it was due to the coilovers, but would be interested if someone could say what it is :)

Weeman sucks ****
My mates 182 does this. Read the laest evo, gives a few pointers to the issues.

My cup was "altered" by renault in it's early days too.

Trophy 263 + 265
thanks guys
so im not alone then :-(
anybody actualy found out what it is yet?
not good is it?
they tightened all the bolts of steering/suspension etc.
but not fixed it
going to have to video it and take it down to show them

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
Got my MOT tomorrow morning, may ask them to take a look at mine while they are at it. Hasn't done it for a few days now though.

RenaultSport clio 182 Cup
mine does it too, going in for a service this week so will let you know what heppens

iceberg 172 cup
mines been doing it on and off for a while now but everytime I decide to take it in it stops for a few days then starts again. The last week or so it has been getting much worse though some days I cringe as I turn the wheel its that bad !! Also when I put my foot down I get a never ending water vapour smoke screen James Bond style, anyone else get this ? My car's only covered 3000 miles from new.

clio 1.2 16v sport
Mine does the same, renault looked at it last week, didnt say what it was just that theyed greesed the joint in the column. it solved th problem for the 10 seconds it took for me to get of the car park. the noise is back just as bad.

mines started doing this 2 -- going on next week. I hear you on the James Bond smoke screen, mine's a bugger for it. I heard somewhere it could be coz the silencers are too big and they collect moisture/lakes