ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

steering knocking on 172

Hi guys, Im still new to all this joined 6 months ago and have now only just goy my computer back online.

Anyway to the point, I have just experienced really bad koncking sounds and very loose rubbery steering after giving me car a good drive on the old country roads. Pulled over as the noise was disturbing. Stopped for 5 mins, looked about, nowt seemed wrong, got the car moving in a car park and then all was well???

Anyone experienced this or something similar. dreading if rack or power steering pump goosed

hello mate im experiencing exactly the same. checked wheel bolts, anti-roll bar bushes, and everything i could think of (for free!) and found nothing. my noises only happen between 15-30mph eg if i drive over a drain or pot hole. I should feel the bump yes but not hear it!!!

mine is an 02 plate, out of warranty aswell, only had 36k service done last week aswell and they told me all was well!!