ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

"Steering not locked"

Renault Clio RS 200
Jumped in the car to come to work and went to start the car, nothing.
I was met with a "steering not locked" message on the dash- after some messing about I finally locked the steering but still the car wouldn't start.
It's got ignition, tried the key card in the slot aswell as just using the keyless. 20 minutes of trying numerous things to no success, gave up and walked to work(thankfully I bought a new coat only a week ago) went to lock the car as I set off and nothing,neither key would lock it.

I'm assuming it's an electronics issue, battery throwing a wobbly maybe?
Any got any suggestions or fixes- walking 3 miles in the rain just isn't for me.

Clio DCI 106
Yes, the battery had dropped a cell and didn't have the power to turn the car over, just bring the electrics on. New battery and never had a problem with it again ?
I'm having same problem, only the fans and the turn wheel-press start on dash. Just tried to jump start it but no joy