ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steering Pulling to the left



I curbed the car some months back (drivers left and rear left wheels) and have since got new tyres and tracking done on the car but still notice the car pulls to the left - it went into Renault yesterday who said there was nothing wrong with it but I'm not convinced.

Anyone help me out with this please?
 
i have the same problem... try replacing your bottom arm... i bent the arm and track rod replaced the arm and bent the track rod but it needs replacing
Take the wheel off and have a look
 
Plattsy said:
i have the same problem... try replacing your bottom arm... i bent the arm and track rod replaced the arm and bent the track rod but it needs replacing
Take the wheel off and have a look

how much are they?
 
i picked the arm up from a scrappers for 15quid but you can get em new for about 30quid, try GSF i think club members get discounts there? they are a good set of folks and cheap!
As for the track rod if thats bent i wouldnt expect alot for that
 

Maz

  LY 200
Isn't it just the camber in the road Steve ?? when you say you have had the tracking done do you mean 4 wheel laser alignment ??
 
  soon: 172 Cup
Hitting a curb at 40MPH, i would suggest seeing if the from arm is bent (as previously said) and take it to a garage to see what else is bent!
 
  182
If Steve_evo had damaged anything like as said above and if he got the car laser tracked would it still line up properly on the computer or still go undetected?
 
Maz said:
Isn't it just the camber in the road Steve ?? when you say you have had the tracking done do you mean 4 wheel laser alignment ??

yes Maz :)

I'll take it to the garage to see what is bent then.. cheers.
 
rwaterman said:
If Steve_evo had damaged anything like as said above and if he got the car laser tracked would it still line up properly on the computer or still go undetected?

I reckon it goes undetected - stupid like if it is
 
Maz said:
Isn't it just the camber in the road Steve ?? when you say you have had the tracking done do you mean 4 wheel laser alignment ??

it's defo not the camber - the camber doesn't help but I've been in the middle of roads and it pulls even on te reverse camber - I did the same thing in my Dynamique so I reckon somethings bent.
 
Stevo_evo said:
^^ lol its just been done - twice infact since the bump
Get it done by someone good. Back street garage are often better.

You cna do the tracking yoursefl if you've got some space to work round the car and on a nice flat bit of concrete etc.
 
  Clio 172 cup
did the same last week, hit a curb at 30mph bent the steering arm and the shock and mine pulled to the left. stuck a new shock on and its fine now. Have the wheel off and have a look

Rich
 
  R35 GTR
Definitely not a normal renault problem, as mine goes in perfect straight line unless on bumpiest of roads, or if camber is off.

Hope it gets sorted.
 


Top