ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering shaft /knuckle

Clio Campus Sport
Need to change the steering shaft/knuckle on my 1.2 campus sport ive undone the bolt holding the lower knuckle and the one on the upper knuckle but cant seem to budge the shaft there is a huge rubber stopping this any ideas how to remove the shaft

Clio Campus Sport
Ive removed the shaft now just took abit of elbow grease , it well worn but cant find a replacement anywhere for my model

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I have to say this is a really weird part to go and I've never heard of it going. Any ph2 electric power steering column will fit. You won't be able to remove the bottom half until you've undone the pinch bolt on the steering rack.

Clio Campus Sport
I have to say this is a really weird part to go and I've never heard of it going. Any ph2 electric power steering column will fit. You won't be able to remove the bottom half until you've undone the pinch bolt on the steering rack.
I have removed the steering shaft from the car but the knuckle is well worn cracked in fAct and i cant seem to find another like it think it might be the end off litlle blue unless i can find something soon

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
A picture will help! Just replace the column. It's a £50 part and pretty easy to fit.

Clio Campus Sport
Here a picture of it , just hard to find a replacement for my model
A picture will help! Just replace the column. It's a £50 part and pretty easy to fit.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 38
  Clio Campus Sport
Looks battered ive found one on ebay for £20-£10pstage. But im going to nip to a scrspyard tomorrow try rip one out of a clio downthere thanks for the help man much appreciated