ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering Wheel lock advice !

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I have a stoplock pro . I only use it when i park out of town anywhere that looks a bit dodgy . They are cheaper at argos , only £39.99

ati

Clio Dynamique
id say central middlesbrough is a bit didgy :)

i was told the 4tress is bit beter and its thatcham 3 which i,m nit sure what that means to me tbh :)

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
The stoplock pro is cat 3 . It just means it's been tested by thatcham test centre and withstood an attack for so many minutes . At the end of the day if someone really ones to steal your car they will .Steering locks are more of a visual deterent than a preventative measure . If you have one of these , an immobiliser and alarm , hopefully a thief will leave you car alone and move onto a car that looks more vulnerable .

I don't usually believe a word coppers say , but its been proven by Kent and South Wales police to be effective . And you can't get much more dodgy than down South ;)

http://www.saxonind.co.uk/professional.htm

Last edited:

ati

Clio Dynamique
thanks for that, makes things a bit clrearer, you get the standard locks and you get these pro ones with the thatcham rating, i take the pro ones are better and secure, if its a visual deteraance whats the difference of having either really?

as most people will gop for the cheaper one

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
If a car thief knows his stuff , he might look into the car , see its a pro lock and not a cheaper one and think sod that , lol . Like i said before . At the end of the day if someone really wants your car they'll come and stick it on the back of a truck .

Clio MK2 (1.2)
The stoplock pro is cat 3 . It just means it's been tested by thatcham test centre and withstood an attack for so many minutes . At the end of the day if someone really ones to steal your car they will .Steering locks are more of a visual deterent than a preventative measure . If you have one of these , an immobiliser and alarm , hopefully a thief will leave you car alone and move onto a car that looks more vulnerable .

I don't usually believe a word coppers say , but its been proven by Kent and South Wales police to be effective . And you can't get much more dodgy than down South ;)

http://www.saxonind.co.uk/professional.htm

Watched a program a few months ago and a car had ^^ of those fitted, dont bother, becuase they only used a saw to cut 1 piece bend it and the lock slide's off, id go for the full Steering Wheel 1, or the handbrake/gearstick 1,

I'd go for a disklok tbh, but they take up a bit of room though (as they cover the whole wheel) They too are cat 3 rated.
They're not cheap, about £80 from Halfrauds - but if your a member of costco (or know someone who is) they are about £50 other than that try ebay.