ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering wheel not straight

clio sport 172
i have a complete new suspension + coilovers. my camber is set on -1.
i've done the tracking and now when i drive the steering wheel is slightly to the right when i'm driving straight. when i put the steering wheel in the centre the car is slightly going to the left.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
With those settings your car will be more susceptible to road camber.

On an EMPTY cambered road, go to the other side and see if it veers right when the wheel is centred.

RS 182 CUP
does it pull in the direction of the camber? is your steering wheel straight on a completely flat road? if not you need four wheel alignment. i do at my place, where you from?

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
does it pull in the direction of the camber? is your steering wheel straight on a completely flat road? if not you need four wheel alignment. i do at my place, where you from?

Can you get 4 wheel alignment done? I thought the front two you could only do? Or can the non sports just not get the rears done?

RS 182 CUP
it should always be four, thats what the rear flags are for. the rear flags are what make the front wheels line up correctly with the steering wheel

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Flags? Noob when it comes to these things?

Its just I had my Camber + tracking laser aligned once I lowered mine a month or so ago and it still pulls to the right. Not as much as before might I add but it still does.
The Guy just said 'because its lowered you can't adjust the rear'. So it's sitting at -1' of camber at the back and 0.19'L, 0.36' toe at the back. Fronts are -0.02'L+R.

RS 182 CUP
it should pull when on in any directyion when on level ground. either somethings gone eg ball joint, top mounts etc or trackings out. id nip it into a place that does free tracking checks and see what they say

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Kl, before it was fine. I swapped out the hubs due to 52mm bolt spacing, could something in the hub be of issue?

RS 182 CUP
prob done something to upset the tracking, i always track a car after any suspension or steering work, well i advise but some people just dont listen

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Thats the thing it was 'done'. Will give em a call and see what they say on Monday. I have the printout of the 4 wheel alignment, could upload it and see if you or anybody else see anything that stands out?

PS @xoldog400 Sorry for hijacking your thread but I was going to post something soonish anyway and its the same topic :)

RS 182 CUP
like i said nip it into another local garage to you, most will have alignment equipment and see what they say, if its out you have something to take back to them. i work in millimetres not degrees so couldnt help too much