ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering wheel spacers?

Clio 172 ph2
Being pretty tall I have to have the seat as far back as it will go in my 172, but my knees hit the steering wheel, even when it is tilted up as far as it will go (are these cars made for childen? :p).

Ideally there would be some reach adjustment on the wheel to bring it towards me away from my knees, but of course there isn't. Is it possible to adjust the position of the wheel using spacers? I know aftermarket wheels can be better in this respect, but I don't really want to lose the airbag.

Quite a few of the people who track their cars have fitted spacers between the steering column and where it mounts under the instrument cluster.

182 FF, A6 Avant
Quite a few of the people who track their cars have fitted spacers between the steering column and where it mounts under the instrument cluster.

Do you know of any threads about this? I've searched but no luck.

Chrispy.clio's :

f4892041.jpg

182 FF, A6 Avant
Not sure that's quite what I was aiming for in my commuting to work car!

Just what I was thinking!

Is there anything available to do this or is it a case of getting something machined?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Ive not seen any for the original wheel, cant really see how it would work as its a spline fitment. Unless you could get something made with a male and female spline on it.

RB 182
It has been done Chip, I can't find the bloody thread though :( The chap that bought my Momo Boss fitted it to his standard wheel. I think he simply centered them up and drilled through to pick up on the fixing holes.

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
op would lowering your seat help? think theres 4 spacers you can remove under the seat to lower it?

Clio 172 ph2
Yeah, I'm going to try that first as it sounds a lot easier!
Would still be good to be able to fine tune the wheel position though.