ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering wheel wear 200

UR 200
I noticed the other day my steering wheel is perishing, it just seemed to happen over night. The car is under warranty, it's 2 years old in November and hasn't covered 15,000 miles yet. I don't think this is reasonable wear and tear, I think it's piss poor build quality! Some of the trade ins I used to see when I worked for Peugeot had been horrible mistreated, but most of the steering wheels were still intact! My car certainly isn't mistreated!
2a1c6bf4f7bd0e0c24879c68c6f98fe7.jpg

Despite the fact I still have plenty of warranty, I want to know if this is an issue anyone else has had with the 200- and is it worth the time arguing with renault over it?

Thanks

UR 200
Lol! They must have given up fighting after all the complaints

Yea the technician come out and said words to the effect of 'that's not right, that shouldn't be happening. We'll put that thru as warranty, if renault say it isn't, we'll tell them it is!'

I gave up fighting with mine, it's worn at the 12 o'clock position on the back side so don't really notice it. 430 Renault wanted for a new wheel.

Suzuki Jimny
I've wondered that before, I don't know tbh. I doubt renault do either!

Just noticed yours is one of the last ones like mine. I guess they just picked out whatever was left in the steering wheel box and chucked them on. Does yours also have a flat rear wiper blade?

UR 200
Not sure about the wiper, I'd say it's probably not flat but not sure what I'm comparing it too. I've been told before the back end of the car looks different to most too, lack of any spoiler

f75dd1ba07ec30f067ee93a68854a3e9.jpg

UR 200
Total **** up today!! They had my car booked in under the wrong reg, so shockingly ordered the wrong wheel!!! Ejits!