ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering wheel & wheels not allign

Clio Mk2 Ph2
lo all, I recenlty had to change my steering rack for it to pass an MOT an now the steering wheel is an 1/8th of a turn out, what i mean by this is if the wheels face forward the wheel is not in the correct position it is 1/8th of a turn to the left, has anyone had this problom or anyone got any ideas to fix this, thought about removin and refitting the steering wheel but it is on 3 locating spleans so it is not possible if i am right.
any help would be great thanks Darren

Clio Mk2 Ph2
Dont the track rod ends have to have the same thread showin either side tho, coz if they do that wont work as the steering wheel is to far out, it is like half a 1/4 of a turn out?

i was thinkin if i undone both track rod ends, straightend the stering wheel and then reconected to wheels it would work so might try that tomoz

Clio Mk2 Ph2
Went to get it tracked today an that was the problem it was 5 on one side and 15 on the other so it was miles out, took it for a drive an it is all sorted now, thanks god. thanks for everyone's help!